Our experiments with livestreaming have been successful and popular so far, but there's just so much more we'd like to do with it. That's where you come in.
If you're good in front of a camera, know your way around basic video software, can follow directions, and want to
What we're looking for
- Someone with personality.
- Someone who has a passion for MMOs, playing them, and talking about them.
- Someone who can multitask by streaming the game and speaking knowledgeably about it while interacting with the chat room during the live session.
- Someone with a PC and an internet connection that can handle streaming video flawlessly (cable or above).
- Someone who lives on the planet Earth. Location doesn't matter, as long as you have a strong command of the English language and can stream any time during peak hours (11 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST). Other times are up for discussion, such as peak time for Australian viewers, for example.
- Someone who is eligible to work wherever he or she is located. If you're outside the U.S., you must have a bank account or PayPal account (so we can pay you!). We cannot hire anyone under the age of 18.
- You'll need to register at Twitch.tv and make yourself a channel there.
- Download the XSplit software to capture your screen. This, along with Twitch.tv, is what we use to livestream now. Learning your way around these tools enough to make a short video is your easy step one and an indication to us that you can follow simple instructions.
- No, we won't accept videos made with anything else. Maybe at another time, but not for this application process.
- Record a video of yourself playing any MMO. The video should be at least 10 minutes long and no longer than 15 minutes.
- In the video, ensure that you split the screen to show yourself somewhere in the video. While this application process isn't a beauty contest, we want to make sure you feel comfortable in front of the camera. This live streaming gig could turn into something more defined as a regular "video show" format somewhere down the line, for the right candidate.
- Send a link to your application video to email@example.com with the subject line: "YOUR NAME -- Livestream position." Also include your full contact info (name, address, phone number, any IM handles) and any other info in the body of the email that would describe your experience doing video work. This could include links to your YouTube page, blog, or anything else. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS.
- Let us know your favorite MMOs or types of MMOs that you'd prefer to livestream.
- Each qualified person we hire will be expected to run with a regular livestream schedule, streaming a specific MMO, multiple MMOs, or a theme, depending on preference.
- Stream for an hour each session. Frequency of sessions is up for negotiation later.
- Represent Massively in a professional manner. This has less to do with appearance and more to do with language and attitude used during the stream.
Submissions are due by December 2nd, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
This position is part-time, and pay (yes, you will be paid) will be discussed during the next step of the hiring process. If you have any additional questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.