Posted: Nov 16th 2011 6:57PM JohnD212 said

Great job! Sad to see things change but happy to see it's a good change! Just bring back "One Shots" ... LOL

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 8:11PM Vazzaroth said

RUBI LOVES SWTOR?!!!!

I'm actually the same way. If you remember, I wrote in awhile back about not being sure about it, but I played the beta and I have to say, it exceeded my (Lowish) expectations! I really liked that there didn't seem to be an auto-attack. I always hate when games make you do "Invisible Autoattacks" because it gives animation priority to abilities. I do sorely miss the flourish weapon button from KOTOR though D:

Make a SWTOR Massively guild!

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 10:03PM Raikulxox said

Though his rambling was humorous, I really am looking forward to the project Richard Garriotts working on.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 8:26AM ArcherAvatar said

Clearly Shawn was to blame for Rubi not liking SWTOR... Shawn leaves and immediately Rubi changes her mind about SWTOR... coincidence??? I think NOT!!!

What other horrible, deeply suppressed secrets still lie in store for our intrepid listeners? Stay tuned!
Same Bat channel, same Bat time... (different Batman tho...)

(for the sarcasm impaired: none of this was serious, nothing is real, there is no spoon, these are not the droids you are looking for, and ... seriously?... you were taking this seriously?)

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 9:31AM Crovak said

Justin I will NEVER drink Arizona Green Tea again! And a new catch phrase for the show... a "Rubi Rant!" =P

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 10:51AM Hikoro said

Another great episode! Thanks for the laughs and news and insights. And now, pee-pot-time!

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 2:44PM (Unverified) said

HUH???? /shakes head RUBY YOU LIKE TOR NOW???? After all the negative feedback, what gives? I don't get it?

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 3:06PM Rubi said

@(Unverified) That's the problem though, there never was "all that negative feedback." So many people got all up in arms about how much I hated TOR, conveniently ignoring the fact that I didn't hate it. Some quotes from the first time I played the game: "My impressions were of an extremely polished game"

"I found a nice balance between a game that held my hand and led me along and a game that allowed me to explore and find things on my own."

"I enjoyed the different choices in my conversations with NPCs, followed by the brief cinematics. The setup felt very novel and open to me, and I enjoyed thinking over my options before answering. "

"I was extremely impressed with how well-done it is."

No negative feedback. Good feedback. But it just didn't do it for me. I'm interested enough now to give it another go. That's all. No grand conspiracy, no shady dealings behind the scenes.

Also, it's Rubi, not Ruby.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 5:45PM Space Cobra said

@Rubi @(Unverified)

"The full version of that last quote is "All of that said, this game is just not for me. There's nothing wrong with it. On the contrary, I was extremely impressed with how well-done it is. But it didn't hit the right notes for me. " "

I think you forgot to add, as either part of that quote or another quote, this: (and I am only paraphrasing from memory)

"Will SW:TOR be in our household? Definitely yes."

Many people let the blood and anger run up into their eyes when they start to see things they may not agree with and don't quite read the whole article after that. Or they read it, but their mind is not really processing it, because they fixate on the first part that they don't agree with (and want to "tear-apart" or start posting).

I've noticed that this happens alot and you either have to set your article with this in mind or explain it afterwars. Even then, there are new readers who come in, not reading the responses, and act the same way; the process can be "never-ending".