Posted: Nov 15th 2011 6:46PM jimr9999us said

Nice to see they're finally going to finish that expansion, and sarcasm aside thrilled that longtime lotro community will have some new fellowship content to chew on.

Just one six person seems thin but the prospect of facing Saruman more than makes up for it. Congrats Turbine...first time in a long time I've felt the itch to come back :)

(For future reference you might've had me by releasing a complete finished expansion in the first place)

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 11:04PM Softserve said

@jimr9999us Yeah, I'm still rubbed the wrong way by all of that. It really seems like they should have just waited with RoI so that these instances came out at the same time...

I guess on some level it's nice to know I have instant access to these since I bought the expansion on their web store (not the in-game store), but that only seems fair. It's weird that we've had to wait this long for the thing to be truly complete.

I hope they reconsider that approach the next time. I think even semantically not referring to this as an "expansion" in the traditional sense would even have helped.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:29PM smartstep said

Last brick to convert Lotro totally to "lobby game" when you sit in a city browing AH or eventually run daily quest while waiting for queue to fill and then auto-magically teleport to an instance.

Same design like WoW / Rift and some other games.

it is not bad "per se", but it is something I am totally NOT interested in.

Guess it was a good choice that I left Lotro for good.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:37PM Joburack said

@smartstep Yes, I think that was a wise decision

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:44PM JayDay said

@smartstep

Sad but LOTRO stopped being a trend setting soon after Moria. Now they are just copying other games.

I still may check it out when, or if they ever make it to Rohan and Edoras. But I will still quit after checking it out.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:50PM JoeH42 said

@smartstep No one is going to force you to use the skirmish finder. If players decide to do what you say and sit around in the city the whole time instead of finding their groups the old fashioned way they've got no one to blame but themselves.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 8:05PM smartstep said

@JoeH42

Instance finder is just last brick. Besides "you don't have to se it" argumment is old and not-valid.

This is design change and it WILL have impact on whole game and playerbase. WoW and many other games are proof of this simple fact.

Like I said - LFG is not bad thing by itself. It just does not sit well with me so I avoid games that are designed with Dungeon Finders in mind.

Anyway if you still play Lotro I honestly hope you'll have fun, though we will not meet in this game never again.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:32PM vtravi said

I am way too bitter after the dreadful ROI to come back for this update. Not to mention I hate the idea of a dungeon Finder.

I will always consider Lotro to be my all time fav game, but what Lotro has become since SoM is not the same quality as SoA and MoM. Goodbye to Lotro hello SWTOR (I just hope it doesn't suck).

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:42PM JayDay said

@vtravi
"Goodbye to Lotro hello SWTOR (I just hope it doesn't suck)."
It doesn't. :)

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 10:01PM Develyn said

• 1 heart
@vtravi I totally agree, and oh yeah -- so far, SWTOR doesn't suck as much as the micro-transaction, watered-down, f2p fluff that LOTRO has become since SoM. I miss what it used to be. Guess I'll be playing SWTOR and maybe GW2 once that is released.

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 9:49AM (Unverified) said

@vtravi If thought LOTRO was good, SWTOR is gonna blow you away.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 2:13AM vtravi said

@(Unverified)
Now you got me excited!

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:40PM JayDay said

• 1 heart
I still don't feel the itch and I was a beta and launch player. I'll go back when Micro-transactions are eliminated.

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 3:16AM pcgneurotic said

@JayDay

See you never!

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:41PM JayDay said

But glad others like it.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:46PM JoeH42 said

"Turbine says that these shouldn't take too long -- between 30 and 45 minutes on average."

Is that 30-45 minutes total or 30-45 minutes per each?

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:46PM JayDay said

"The devs concluded on a high note by saying that Rise of Isengard's runaway success has really helped the game's future."

Propaganda. That's not what I hear from the majority.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 10:03PM Develyn said

@JayDay The hype they put into RoI probably contributed to the initial sales success. However, the fail of it after people got a chance to play it (for the few days it took to complete the lack-o-content) will last a long time.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 11:39PM JaySpeed said

@JayDay You hear info from Turbine employees? The player case has no clue what kind of sales RoI had. If Turbine says it sold well, it sold well. If it didn't sell well, they'd keep their mouths shut and talk about something else.

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 1:39PM (Unverified) said

@JaySpeed
Ever hear of "creative marketing"? They also said that switching to F2P "tripled their revenues". What did we get out of that? A very lackluster year of releases.

Of course Turbine is going to say that everything is peachy-keen. To say otherwise would be like shooting themselves in the foot, and lord knows they are doing enough of that already.

The Stream Team: Where the WildStar things are