Posted: Nov 15th 2011 10:13PM (Unverified) said

@Space Cobra If you know how to fix this Unverified junk, let me know. :| It's been this way for a year. Yet on WoWInsider I show up as JaimeRavenholdt just fine.

Thanks for your sharing your first hand experience, btw! You're the kind of person I hope to play with in TOR. :D Jaime-Hunter is my SWTOR site tag if you'd like to add me for fun.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 4:28PM nimzy said

RP-PvP only makes sense if cross-faction communication is allowed-- and it's not allowed in TOR. So...

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 4:31PM (Unverified) said

@nimzy I don't have to talk to my enemy, I only have to kill him. Any recent real world war had some kind of language barrier between factions. You didn't see soldiers chatting with the enemy regularly.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 4:50PM Lenn said

@nimzy It is allowed. Just not in server-wide channels. But you can totally call your opponent a "scrub" to his face.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 7:59PM Zantom said

@Lenn

This

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 9:50PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

The Germans and the British seemed to do fine that one Christmas Day back in WW1.....

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 10:13PM (Unverified) said

@Space Cobra That's irregular! :p

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 4:47PM Dunraven said

Hopefully all of the SWG Twi'lek ERP guilds will go to the RP PVP servers.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 4:48PM jealouspirate said

Given the story of TOR RP-PvP servers seem to make a lot more sense than plain RP servers. Why *wouldn't*? a Sith Warrior attack a Republic Trooper on a contested planet?

Honestly, I love RP-PvP servers. People who think RP is limited to emotes and chatting in towns are cheating themselves.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 5:51PM (Unverified) said

@jealouspirate Unlike say, Warcraft, the factions aren't so grey. Republic ideals are mostly good and Sith ideals are mostly evil. The Sith want to kill all the Jedi and run the galaxy. Sounds like a pretty good reason to kill any Sith I see.

Alternatively, sounds like a good reason for any Sith to take out that Jedi and his friends. Maybe you'll get a commendation.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 9:56PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

Again, it's subjective. One can go "Light-Side" as a Sith and really, Sith/Imp is the defacto way of life; Most normal people think the Republic is crazy because they want to change the social order of the galaxy and end serfdom.

Plus, there could be dealing from one side to another; friendships gone sour. Brothers on opposite sides.

This type of interaction probably won't be common among the playerbase and that's fine. Ima enjoy the game!

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 5:00PM Vunak said

If there is RP-PVP servers, thats what I roll on. I am an RPer, but I also love to PVP.

I honestly hate the stereotype of RPers being carebears that don't pvp. Come against me in PVP bud I'm liable to stomp you through the floor. My guild Kindred Rising was part of an Age of Chivalry tournament. We were cast as the underdogs because we are an RP guild.

We stomped the guild that was hosting the tournament. That was with us only playing the game as a guild for under a month, while the other guilds had been playing together 1+ years.

I know thats not what this article was about, but it still irks me. Give me RP-PVP.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 5:30PM Matix said

@Vunak Well said.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 5:00PM FrostPaw said

RP-PvP always seems like a way of justifying ganking to me. "I'm killing you because I'm Roleplaying an asshole"

I maintain since both sides of an encounter need flagging on a normal or "PvE" server that those are the servers with the most competetive PvP, since both plays want to fight..

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 5:52PM (Unverified) said

@FrostPaw By rolling on a RP-PVP or even just a PVP server in the first place, you're already saying you're up for a fight. If you're not always up for a fight, you roll PvE or RP-PVE. :p

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 6:00PM (Unverified) said

RP-PVP should be the ONLY type of server - since its PERFECT.

Its the way mmorpgs SHOULD BE!

You have Rp rulesets which all servers should have and open-pvp! Nothing in the game is hidden, locked or restricted. Its basically the EVERYTHING package in mmorpgs.

A pve server shuns RPers, a pvp server caters to only hardcore pvpers AND shuns rpers. A rp-pve server is roleplay friendly, but no open world pvp.

RP-PVP is the way ALL mmorpgs SHOULD be experienced and I PRAY that all mmorpgs one day have a server that is rp-pvp.

WHen WOW launched their rp-pvp servers, they were AMAZING - that is, until more and more scumbag harrassers joined and the GMs decided to let the scumbags get away with behaving like retarded little jackals. So now they are all broken and horribly corrupt.

BUT SWTOR is just soooo amazingly awesome and having an rp-pvp ruleset will get everyone to have the most REALISTIC fun EVER!!!
Because if it was real, a bounty hunter WOULD try and kill a target. Just like if a sith warrior and a jedi ran into eachother, they WOULD fight. Its gonna make the game 1000x more fun, realistic and intense! I cant wait and I'm rolling ALL my characters on a rp-pvp server!

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 10:02PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

As opposed to some comments and yours, I wouldn't say it's "Perfect". You mentioned some sides of the triangle, but not all PvEers shun RP; that's where most RPers go it there is no RP designation (they tend to choose a single "Unofficial" RP server at game's launch and hope others roll on it).

Just like PvPers, there are all flavors of PvEers. Some don't care for RP, some tolerate it, some ridicule and others enjoy it.

RP_PVP is nice, but it can have its own set of problems, too.

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 1:39AM HitechLolife said

@(Unverified) I'd rather people be given the choice of how they want to play.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 6:03PM (Unverified) said

One thing I do find hilarious and soooo sad is the fact that we actually need RP servers.

ALL mmorpgs should be RPing if they just played CORRECTLY! But with so many new players that only care about level rushing and getting to max level to feel powerful and leet, they dont rp, explore, or take their time.
Truth is, if someone doesnt even RP a little bit(not even emotes) they should just be removed from the game. They dont deserve to play if they arent going to play the game the way its intended to be played.

THey should all be put on a server with the AZZHOLE ruleset - where all gear junkies,m level rushers, harrassers and abusers can be morons together and leave the rest of the REAL players in peace!

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 6:23PM (Unverified) said

RP PVP in my experience is the perfect server.

1)I love RPing and i follow the rules/guidelines of the RP
2)I am an average PvPer that can adapt to situations
3)I don't mind being ganked,its pvp.Yet i will not gank more than twice,one for the IC kill second if i find some kind of abuse like /spit
4I believe RP-PvP servers are ROLEPLAYING servers and just have contested territory pvp to make the ROLEPLAY more realistic.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM