Posted: Nov 15th 2011 1:31PM Vandal said

.....laughter......

(Somehow post got cut in half)

But seriously, a company that messed up like this doesn't deserve to in the space. MMOs aren't just about making a game but providing a service.

These guys clearly do not understand customer care.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 2:07PM Astrella said

Wow. That's crazy. I'd hate to be that guy :X

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 2:28PM Kyzgar said

I've got it...

Remember the episode of South Park "Make Love, Not WarCraft" ?

Well, apparently there was someone in there with no life. How do you kill that which has no life?

Now we know.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 3:28PM Seldra said

Sadly this isn't the first time I've seen stuff like this happen to asian MMO titles. Ragnarok Online was pretty well known to have stuff like account wipes happening fairly regularly back in the day when they mess up on upgrades or what not.

I remember a few friends of mine in jr high complaining to me how the company would screw up at least once or twice a year and end up with people having reroll. I personally was affected by it once then I just left the game.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 5:01PM Ryukan said

Only one word can accurately describe this scenario...

"Oops!"

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 5:25PM drunkingamebar said

I guess it's better to delete entire games off the server, than it is to come to work with a shot gun.

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 4:33AM EpiccFaill said

hahahahahahHAHAHAHAHahahahahAHAHHAHAH

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 4:56AM (Unverified) said

I am not surprised. I worked for the last half a decade in the Korean game industry. Though there is a lot of good things...code management was not the best. I remember that I once worked for a company which had a game it had shut down and months later some other company wanted to buy it. The thing is most of the relevant engine code was ONLY on one server which had been summarily wiped. No code vault. No offsite backups.

Documentation and production process are really sloppy. but to get nontechnical decisions done? go through 6 or 7 layers of approval. I always thought it was stupid to then not have that same kind of redundant thoroughness in regards to what is the most important part of the business.

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 5:19AM kippet said

Hangame is notorious in Korea for its ill management. Which is why people half-expected TERA (under Hangame management in Korea) to flop - and it did.

Posted: Nov 20th 2011 3:32PM demonlife said

"Hey guys, what's this button do?"

"Don't touch that!!"