Posted: Nov 14th 2011 5:17PM Vorender said

So this stuff is just walking around in plain sight? Seems kind of weird, unless normal humans just can't see them. Overall, the game's combat seems pretty fun, but I have a funny feeling there is going to be little else to do besides quest grind and PvP. We'll see I guess. I love the modern day setting.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 5:44PM real65rcncom said

• 1 heart
1. looks like a console game.

2. all the people look like they came from AION. Boobs from AION and the guys look like Asmodians. Is that the same engine Aion uses?

3. Want to hear more about the type of missions and lore of the world, not just vampire stuff. Are there werewolve classes? Are there zombie type classes?

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 5:52PM kismet137 said

@real65rcncom And everything in Aion was a blatant rehash of Lineage 2, so what you MEAN to say is that everything in this game looks like an L2 ripoff.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 5:59PM Jef Reahard said

@real65rcncom

No zombie class. Currently there are vampires, witches, werewolves, and demon hunters.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 6:24PM real65rcncom said

@kismet137 said: "And everything in Aion was a blatant rehash of Lineage 2, so what you MEAN to say is that everything in this game looks like an L2 ripoff."
******************************

What I meant to say is what I wrote exactly.

And thx Jef :)

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 4:11PM blueimpact said

@real65rcncom

Then you missed the mark completely. Lineage 2 knockoff part 3.

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 6:40PM real65rcncom said

@blueimpact

I think you are the one not understanding the point. I said this game characters look a lot like Aion and that's why I asked if they used the same engine. Given the facts below:

Aion= made by NCSoft.
Lineage 2= made by NCSoft.

Bringing in "lineage ripoff" is immaterial. It still looks like Aion.

I never understand why forumites never read what's being said without always looking for some underneath conspiracy.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 4:43AM kismet137 said

@real65rcncom I brought L2 up (as a JOKE, mind you) because no one can really say that ANYTHING looks like Aion because Aion itself does not have unique visuals/is not a unique game in general -- it actually looks like a LOT of others things, L2 happening to be at the top of the list. Hell, the game practically IS L2... if you combined it with WoW, and then took out most of L2's complexity (which wasn't even all that complex to begin) in order to make it playable for stupid people. It's hard to say that a game looks like another game that already looks like ANOTHER game (aka: that a ripoff looks like a ripoff)...

Tl;dr version: Aion is bad game to compare anything to since it's already a ripoff itself, and a bad one at that -- thus, putting it in the same category as Unveiled. It's just shinier and has more idiots on its bandwagon, is all.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 5:45PM DevilSei said

Not all that sure what to think...

Characters (at the moment) seem to consist of "Femme Fatale Vamp girl" whose design seems more than a little familiar to that of Rayne of the Bloodrayne games, weapons and bite styles included...
While the Vamp Hunters seem to be heading towards a... well I can't exactly think of a stereotype or style they fit in, besides dark-skinned big guy with little to no hair...
The blood spray/splatters seemed to be kind of archaic too.

That's all on the graphical/style portion of the game. I can't really knock the combat by the look of things, since it looks to be pretty much standard-fair. The progression will be something to look into though.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 6:32PM JuliusSeizure said

@DevilSei 'well I can't exactly think of a stereotype or style they fit in'

Italian male model star of spaghetti westerns.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 5:55PM kismet137 said

I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems very... "copy and paste", I don't mean modular assets or anything like that. It just seems so vanilla, gimmicky, unoriginal, and uninteresting. Lackluster all around. Maybe it's just because it's still in the early stages, but I'm pretty sure release will be pretty similar if not identical to what we have in that video.

I've seen much, much worse but I've also seen way, way better. I guess I'll keep in within my sights (by which I mean the corner of my eye), but at this point I don't except much, honestly.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 6:06PM dudes said

I hope CCP is watching.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 7:05PM JuliusSeizure said

@dudes

So they know what to avoid doing that would screw up what the World of Darkness is actually supposed to be! Great point!

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 8:37PM Utakata said

@JuliusSeizure

I think CCP is too busy counting beans from EVE to care either way currently. :(

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 6:17PM HokieKC said

Trailer started off with potential then got to the gameplay part. Looks too 'Asian' for my taste.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 6:35PM Sunlover said

This video says, "Sup, The Secret World. See you got yourself a little market there and we want a slice."

Not sure what to think just yet. Seems kinda cool. Also, I do enjoy the idea of class/monster/supernatural...thing-based fatalities.

I'll keep an eye out for now.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 6:39PM Fabius Bile said

Korean MMOs are such a joke...

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 7:28PM Azaetos said

Why do most Asian games have sound effects from the 80's, all high pitched synthetic crap. A lot of them even sound like they come from the same sound library.

Is it just me or this another case of "There is an interest in Vampire games, quick rush something out". I guess we'll find out by how polished and complete the game is.

Anybody else notice as well that there was a shortage of Sci-Fi games on the market and we're starting to see a flood of Asian crap with that theme now, just cut and paste the same crappy gameplay with a different coat of paint.

Now don't get me wrong the Asian gamemakers can make some very good games, but this rinse and repeat stuff is getting old.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 9:24PM Budukahn said

@Azaetos

You're not alone. I see it too. Awfully localized Asian space games, Evony with space graphics etc.

This very much does look like a cash in on the vampire thing but as you said, cut and paste. They could just swap out the game models and get fantasy, Sci-fi what have you/

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 7:52PM Pars18 said

Looks thoughtless and sloppy.
The conceptual trailer got my attention, but this is a rather lackluster follow-up.

Did they really show this at G-star? Seems like they dropped the ball and cobbled something together at the last minute.

Nothing looks cohesive.