Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:09PM gildhur said

FYI, if you're already registered for testing, DO NOT get one of these keys. Bioware sent out an email last week to everyone already registered that if you use another key for this upcoming weekend, your account could be broken and you won't be able to test. If you're already registered you WILL get a key.

As the email says:
"As part of this test, we will be partnering with games industry sites to distribute additional beta codes as necessary. This will help ensure we meet our population goals, so we can effectively stress test our servers in preparation for launch. Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test. "

I would suggest that Massively change the text of this article to caution registered users to NOT get these keys.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:19PM Kreznick said

@gildhur
I read that far too late. Well, hopefully it will not break my account. Is there any way to deactivate the key I got?

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:19PM ShawnSchuster said

@gildhur
We were actually debating this before the post went up. Those points weren't on any instructions to us, but we knew we saw them somewhere! You're right about the email from BioWare a few days ago to everyone who registered for the beta. So if you got one of those emails, don't grab a key. Post is updated, and thank you for the heads-up!

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:26PM Kaylise said

@ShawnSchuster You should probably add that it is for everyone that was registered for beta before Nov. 11 that will automaticly be allowed in.

The website says: "How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks."

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:49PM kevinrahl said

@gildhur Yeah they should really change the text because if you read the first paragraph it makes it sound like whether you just got done testing this weekend or have only been watching youtube videos that today is your lucky day. Makes it sound like you should get a key regardless in the beginning of the article. Which I did by accident. So being that I messed up here is the key for anyone who still needs one ..... E5V6-PWC7-DPYT-U2PP

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 2:08PM Prince David said

@gildhur Just found out despite having a TOR account for a year or so, I never opted-in for beta testing!

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 6:03PM HitechLolife said

@gildhur I never received such an email. Oh well, If it turns up I'll post it's code on Massively somewhere.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 7:37AM HiroProtagonist7 said

@gildhur

Nothing will get messed up. It's just a threat to try to get more accurate numbers.

If this was in any way true in the least, then having a child, sibling, room-mate or whoever that shared your computer yet somehow, some way had a seperate SWTOR account from yours would be able to screw your account up in the same way.

Your UID is an email address - use a different one. AFAIK they can't yet psychically connect them yet.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:12PM Faceless Troll said

The game kept crashing on me when I tried to create a character. So I said "screw this" and played Skyrim instead.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:29PM Space Cobra said

@Faceless Troll

Sensible choice is sensible!

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 4:23PM Jwheeler said

@Faceless Troll

I had the same problem where I was stuck in the SWTOR logo screen, but with excellent help from the Biow support staff and others in the community I was able to play the whole weekend without any trouble.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:13PM Issmir said

Wait... why would I possibly need 75K keys? How many computers do you think I could fit into my home?

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:13PM cotheer said

Not all registered users got the email.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:16PM Masync9 said

Awesome! Thank you for having keys available for the SWTOR beta : )

My only problem is now every time I see SWTOR stuff I think of Star Wars Robot Chicken episodes lol.

Screw you stripped suit case!
Who is they!?! What the heck is an Aluminum Falcon!?!

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:25PM ColinWilson1980 said

Curious, I was a tester during this past weekend's test, but am not a permanent tester.

When they mention not taking a code if you're a regular tester, does this mean anyone who had signed up previously, or only those who have never signed up before?

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:57PM Rocket Raccoon said

@ColinWilson1980

The email I received said that I was accepted into the NEXT weekend testing (I was already taking part in the current weekend testing) and that I should not get a beta key from a third party.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 2:55PM ColinWilson1980 said

@Rocket Raccoon

Right, so in theory there's no reason for me not to claim a beta key as my test period is over.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 2:59PM Kaylise said

@ColinWilson1980 The SWTOR website says that everyone registered for beta before Nov 11th is going to be invited to the upcoming event and NOT to take a code from another site.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 3:46PM Lenn said

@ColinWilson1980 All those who signed up for testing before the 11th will be invited for the major weekend stress test, even if you have already been part of a previous testing phase.

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 11:49AM (Unverified) said

@ColinWilson1980

No, DO NOT use a key as you were registered prior to the date. Your registration/invite is not used up. If you use the code you could end up NOT getting the new invite because of it.