Posted: Nov 13th 2011 4:06PM smartstep said

Oh this game has chance to be really good BUT I just hope unreal expectations some people seem to have won't "kill it".

Remember this game won't make your children bahve well and won't pay mortage for your house ;p

It just can be nice cross-over between themepark and sandbox.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 4:31PM tooright said

@(Unverified) well since I don't speak Korean I'm kinda glad they are waiting for a while.

shame on me though

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 5:17PM Plastic said

You know what CBT4 won't feature? Me. :tear:

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 5:55PM yeppers said

Has there been anything from XL on whether or not this game is going to be "westernized"? I hate the use of that word but haven't seen a lot of success moving games from that region to NA (or thereabouts).

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 7:12PM smartstep said

@yeppers

Maybe artwork in this article does not show this, but ArcheAge is much more westernized than for example TERA.

You do NOT have chicks flashing their undeerwear wearing super high metal highheels here, weapons are not as ridiculousely big as in most asian productions (sure you can find some bigger than average, but it is not even half as bad as in f.e. Tera) - just go to some AA fansites and check for yourself.

Game is more westernized than many Asian productions, at least in art department.

Ofc that does not change it is game from Asia on the other hand, but nowadays GW2 also have some asian visible in it...

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 6:47PM Space Cobra said

@zhangoooo

"Bangoooooooo!"

Rock - Soul Calibur series

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 6:56PM Pars18 said

The namesake of the new race really intrigues me, considering its origin.
It implies a duality. I do hope there will be information about them in-game, to flesh them out.

Character creation sounds interesting, too. The older, Tera-like interface was fairly sparse; I'm curious to see what they've changed.
I also appreciate what Song said about design aesthetics in the interview. The "sexy" route really is boring, i'm glad they're focusing on more realism.

The attention to detail is very reassuring.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 7:08PM Space Cobra said

@Pars18

Agreed on that. I am looking forward to it solely because of the Asian-influenced style, but we'll have to see if there is more to them.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 7:37PM (Unverified) said

Hope they'll add a 'small' race, too.

No offense, but of late games seems to feature only a bunch of different flavor of 'Elves' as races, and if you compare more recent games with the multitude of race options in older games like EQ and DAoC, it's a bit depressing games seem to get less and less race options.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 7:41PM smartstep said

@(Unverified)

Well there are elves in AA but it is only once elf race there. There will be 8 races in total so that's kinda nice amount comparing to today's standards.

There are still 2 I think races that they have not relealed yet so you might get 'small' race who knows.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 8:00PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I really like the ideas in this game, if only it wasn´t asian I wouldn´t be as skeptic. Because right now there isn´t a single asian MMO I´ve played that I wouldn´t call trash.

WRUP: Lucky Korea