Posted: Nov 12th 2011 6:31PM real65rcncom said

Well, THQs stock is pretty horrible so they might run out of money before finishing this game.

If they don't, they'll definitely need an infusion of cash pretty quick so there might be something to this game going FTP from launch. That way they get people in and maybe spending in the cash shops?

Either way, it's not looking good for THQ and War40k. I don't remember a company other than Cryptic trying to start an mmo with a bottom line this bad this far out.

Just look at their stock over the last year - http://www.dailyfinance.com/quote/nasdaq/thq-inc/thqi/charts

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 6:56PM Faction 3 said

@real65rcncom

That is pretty awful, really. Looks like THQ may need a miracle to happen here...

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 7:14PM paterah said

@real65rcncom THQ is a pretty big company, we'll see.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 6:49PM smartstep said

• 1 heart
Bigpoint must have pay some real money to this site.

@real65rcncom

Tbh even tho I know it is propably some alpha footage, War40k trailer do a really bad impression on me.
I say that even though I am Warhammer 40 k lore fan.

Still I don't have hopes for this game. Actually I think we might end up with letdown, THQ bad finances might just add to that.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 1:22AM Scarecrowe said

Bigpoint got the GoT IP? Well, add another crappy MMO to their list then so I can pass on it now.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 8:42AM Skiim said

How the fuck did Bigpoint get the Game of Thrones IP.....what a joke

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 9:41AM chuckasucka said

Read the books, loved them. Won't watch the show to ruin my memories of the books, and therefore won't play the game ,haha.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 11:25AM Seffrid said

Forget Game of Thrones, a thoroughly tedious TV series by an author with some serious behavioural fixations.

Give me a MMO based on the Big Bang Theory and I'll be more interested...

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:54PM Azules said

@Seffrid You mean that show that tricks idiots into laughing with a laugh track? Seriously. watch it without the canned laughter on youtube, it's ridiculous how unfunny it really is.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 2:06PM Seffrid said

@Azules

I'm never taken in by canned laughter. The show has some genuinely funny lines/relationships but as with Game of Thrones it's an entirely subjective thing. BBT is about the only funny American show for me, normally I can't stand American humour.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 6:59PM HiroProtagonist7 said

Wow - bad makeup job on the kid with the landing strip under his lip.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 7:04PM HiroProtagonist7 said

@HiroProtagonist7
wish I could delete that - it was mean. Takes balls to do the video thing. Balls I don't have :(

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 1:58PM Azules said

@HiroProtagonist7 You said it before I could, it's what I was about to post. The guy is actually fairly witty when he makes reviews etc, He's got flow when he talks, but damn, he looks stupid. makeup+landing strip, not good.

Not mean if it's honest, bud.

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 7:25PM Graill440 said

They wont be able to match the series in any way. The idea of the MMO for that series is a pipe dream created by some suit that saw merchandising options on some drunk binge. They are simply wasting time and money right now, another lesson for folks down the road, watch, a failure in proggress.

Posted: Nov 23rd 2011 9:29PM Shadowstorm said

For all it's political scheming and plots within plots, a Song of Ice and Fire (the series of which game of thrones is the first book) is pretty war intensive. Then there's the history of the IP, also defined by war, which they could base the game on.

There's some potential for a nice game out of game of thrones if whoever it was who got the rights has a good focus on what they can and can't do with the IP.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014