Posted: Nov 12th 2011 3:33PM Utakata said

@Jef Reahard

I dunno...after browsing their site. And there appears no more "fluff" over *there than here. That is, they announce what games are doing, give out first hand experience and have opinion pieces just like over here at Massively. I guess the complainer likes their style...so I guess this not an arguement about substance then. /shrug

*Note: the only thing I can think of is that RPS has only 3 writers that cover larger range of topics, since they're covering all PC games and not just MMO's. Where as over here there 15 writers covering a smaller niche of PC gaming with a couple of consol MMO experiements here and there. But in turn, a lot more games see the light of day over here that would not normally get covered anywhere else. So there maybe more game announcements (ie "fluff peices") than first hand experiences and opinion peices. But the latter does exist here in droves despite that...

...and I think I've become horribely off-topic over this. We where talking about APB right? :(

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 1:28AM Feydakin said

So I wonder how many dummy accounts this person rating comments up and down and making the same comments has made? At least a few huh?

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 2:40AM jimr9999us said

Gorgeous trailer, shame it was for a hack filled exercise in nihilism.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 3:47AM David Stone said

I don't really care about the game anymore but the guys in that trailer were smoking hot...

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 5:27AM Lenn said

@(Unverified) Somehow I get the impression you don't even know 1000 women, so my guess is you're pulling those numbers out of your backside, King of Hormonia.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 7:58AM pid said

Underaged murderous wasted prostitutes with addiction and bad breath killing innocent family fathers?
I think it's far better if video games aren't directly translated to a movie, because violence and totally unsensical sex appeal (that is, just to sell a product) on this level really opens your eyes on what the heck you're supposed to do in game...

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 7:58AM BeeblesTV said

This seems like a waste of resources. I think they should invest their money into removing the massive amount of hackers in this game.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 10:00AM (Unverified) said

WOW, from the comments - seems like Massively has a TON of old fogies and super nerds LOL. If you dont think that trailer is AMAZING then you are too old or need to get out of mommys basement
lol

+1 baby

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 10:57AM jimr9999us said

@(Unverified) You will become us someday...you're already visiting our site :)

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 11:27AM Dblade said

@(Unverified) It'd be more amazing if the gameplay shots weren't people standing stock still shooting at each other.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 8:24PM Sorithal said

@(Unverified)

It really didn't need random lolstrip moments and such.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 10:03AM Samcha said

@(Unverified) Goes both ways there hombre, I doubt you're a prize catch yourself.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 10:03AM Vunak said

That trailer was pretty badass. But meh, not my kind of game, for now.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 1:23PM Plastic said

A very well-done video, depicting nothing that can't already be seen in the game, and appealing strongly to their target audience. I'm all for resources being spent on bug-fixes and kicking cheaters, but games also need publicity to succeed, and I think this is a step in the right direction.

A lot of people hate on APB, and I can definitely understand the frustration with cheaters and whatnot, but if you seriously don't have fun getting together with a group of buddies and running missions in this game, you're just...well, I won't use anything pejorative, but let's just say that you and I can definitely not hang. =p

The one thing that I've found to appreciate about GamersFirst is that they seem to really understand the potential of the games they acquire. APB and Fallen Earth were always two of my favorite games that no one ever played. G1 saw both titles for not just what they were, but for what they could be. I think it shows by advertisements like this and the focus to implement more player-driven content in Fallen Earth.

I know I'm probably sounding like a fan-boy, but it's hard not to when one company single-handedly swoops in and saves two of my favorite games and promises to take them in the exact direction I had hoped.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 8:23PM Sorithal said

They should've showed Tobuscus more rather than be one of the cops in the background that get lolpwned in slow-mo.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 11:45PM Vorender said

Awesome trailer. Sadly, the game was fun for about as long as the trailer was.

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 2:00AM Space Cobra said

They play MMOs in convents?!?

I don't *THINK* so!!

Posted: Nov 15th 2011 6:24PM BaronYiffington said

Good trailer, too bad the game is awful. I had high hopes with G1 bought it from RTW, was quickly disappointed.