Posted: Nov 10th 2011 9:50PM Laephis said

I just wish someone, anyone, would make the ultimate RPG. It seems the genre has been totally bastardized in an attempt to attract the Call of Duty crowd. 15 years ago we had companies trying to build worlds you could really interact with and play an active role in. These days we get action/RPG hybrid, one after the other, constantly removing the core parts that make an RPG an RPG. Bioware's Mass Effect 3 seems to be the latest version of this trend. It's a real shame.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 3:06AM Anatidae said

If only Garriott would come to my house and make love to my wife so I could have a golden child.

Oh, wait. Richard Garriott? nevermind.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 4:43AM Rodj Blake said

"It is clear to me that I, Richard Garriott, am an essential ingredient of at least the Ultimate Ultima, if not more broadly the Ultimate RPG."

If only more people could be as humble as this man, the world would be a better place.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 1:11PM Angel Rage said

Did he just ambiguously describe every MMO in existence as his dream MMO?

"It will have a story - and you'll play a role - and you'll have a home, and you can put stuff in it! Guys, it's gonna be amazing."

Posted: Nov 16th 2011 5:44PM Bolongo said

@Angel Rage
"and if you buy the Collector's Edition you'll get these RL trinkets!"

Posted: Nov 14th 2011 11:57AM (Unverified) said

I really like this site. However if this turd graces your site again, the link on my bookmark bar will be removed. I've loathed this fool for a long time but would never even dare think it while surfing to avoid being flamed into oblivion, however as people now understand what a complete arse he is, I'll even threaten to drop a site that feature him every other day.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 12:12AM JediPagan said

Garriott is a God, and not only in his own mind. ;) Guy got me into gaming. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 6:57AM Fabius Bile said

dear Dick,

dont dream of making the ultimate MMO, noone in the industry would give you a coffee, let alone a several dozen million budget to make it.

you are 10 years past due date. you are poison. stop talking shit