Posted: Nov 10th 2011 6:42PM Resurge said

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 7:28PM yeppers said

@Resurge

Probably Matt Damon.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 6:49PM Graill440 said

Hard to believe this ponzi game is allowed to operate. There isnt a court around that would acknowledge "virtual land" and any compaints for or against resulting from fraud or theft.

My god, are people so ignorant today?

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 4:27AM Chillbanan said

@Graill440
Entropia universe formally known as Project Entropia has been around for 10 years and alot of people make alot of money on expensive propertys.
Why don´t u come check it out, it´s worth spending a few 100$ a month on;)

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 7:03PM Resurge said

what happens if one day the company says something like " We can no longer afford to keep the servers open or support the game" and closes the doors? What happens to your .5mil then? You think SW: Galaxies fans are pissed?

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 7:15PM Ghostspeaker said

The rich really are different.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 7:53PM yeppers said

Is there an Occupy Planet Calypso movement going on where you can just hang out for free in some city and mooch off the paying citizens?

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 9:58PM VirtualLife01 said

well, I play in Entropia Universe. and mostly on planet calypso.
I enjoy it more than any ohter.MMO despite it could be much more costly.

at the same time it could be no only free... but few players also makes money out of it..

The cost depends on the players .. they are in total control.
and most importantly the avatar skills and the all the stuff ... stays there even if you don't play more months or yrs... and you dont' have to fee monthy fees.

As to the recent sale... no it was not bought by a single person....
Actually the players are buying it... in a lot of 1 to 500 units... and there is a rush for it....

Personally I think it'll revolutione a system of microtransaction real cash economy in a virtual world...

there is an intense heated debate going on about this $ 6 million deal...

you ccan read about it here...

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 11:43PM Cavadus said

I tried playing EU about five years ago with very little success. Like most of you I detested the entire concept of the game.

About a month ago I saw that they had updated to the CryTek engine so I figured WTF, why not?

Been going for about a month now. I did a lot more research this time around, am following a newb guide, and picked up a great mentor (in-game player that guides me about).

I decided to dump in thirty bucks to simulate a "box price" worth of investment.

It's been a few weeks since then and my funding has gone well so far. It should last me to mid-November which would be just in time for my "subscription" worth of deposit.

Once you get past the startup costs there isn't a lot of stuff really need to buy.

I dunno, I still wish the game didn't use the RCE but it's certainly nothing like what people make it out to be and not blowing your money on useless shit is pretty easy if you have any degree of rational restraint whatsoever.

That being, this game isn't for everyone and it *is* tough to make your way in the world but I've found the challenge enjoyable. No idea how long I'll stick around this time but it's gone well so far.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 5:38PM none12345 said

"i dont even know where to start with this ...half a million dollars for a piece of virtual real estate ...are you actually saying that someone BOUGHT this for that price or just that the game company or whatever values it at that amount ? Either way, it's ridiculous. "

The estate in question was bought for that price. Not valued at that price. Actually it was RESOLD for that price. It was originally bought for 100,000. The person who bought it made back the money in less the 1 year. And went on to earn over a million dollars from the property. He resold it 5 years later in chunks for a total of ~500,000. And bought/developed his own planet on the Entropia platform.

And that's not the only sale that has made people a lot of money. The first large sale before that one was an island for 25,000. That guy made back his money in the first year and has been in profit ever since. Im not sure how much he has made total, but 500,000+ is my rough estimate.

There have been other sales besides those. But those two sales have been the most notable.

Most people will not make any money on Entropia, you will pay to play like any other game. But, if you are smart you can. Luck helps, some can do it by being lucky, but if you don't need luck to do it.

I personally am snatching up as many of the lots as i can afford(between 10 and 50).

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 6:02PM (Unverified) said

Best game ever. It's not even a game as some people said, it's more of a simulator. If you wanna learn how to economize, how buying and selling works, how economies work and how your actions impact your further development. This is THE game. Next year they are introducing political systems, which is a whole another layer of complexity!

Some people blame it for their loses, but these people should really blame themselves for treating it like a game and not taking care of their spendings. Yes you can play for $1000 a month, but it doesn't mean you should. You play your own game here, and try to find people who are also playing on the same level as you. Just like in the real world, if you start hanging out with people who spend $200 on lunches you'll dig yourself a hole. So you gotta be careful and cautious by checking yourself before you do things.

There are a lot of things to learn from, there's just no way to list em all. The best thing you can do is give it a shot and see if you can handle the pressure. :)

Here's video from one of the top players:

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 10:25AM Dibbler said

You can play Entropia Universe very cheaply, free, and even make profit if your smart. I've played years built up my avatar with small depoaits and slowly make ped and play a game that is both beautiful and complex..

The deeds seem kinda nice 50% profit share in gross revenue for the main planet. Not for everyone and takes some noggin power to play on a budget but i would give it a go.

Posted: Nov 12th 2011 10:26AM Dibbler said