Posted: Nov 10th 2011 7:42PM ShivanSwordsman said

• Half a heart
Any idea if these idiots have finally removed the Stamina system? It's the only thing that could make up for how terrible this product's been up to this point. Kill3rCombo's service has just been inexcusable at this point. Their updates are molasses slow (they haven't even brought Eve out yet!), there's no way to turn off those blindingly bright flashes that pop up every 2 or 3 swings, and all their events are timed items and "rent our crappy cash shop items!".

I feel bad for anyone that got suckered into this game. I quit at launch after I ended up grinding my entire bar out... and not even getting to Level 18 to do my job change quest. Then when I DID do the quest... I only got halfway through it before it ran out again. It's a joke when compared to Grand Chase, which is actually a decent game with a ton of characters.

Hell, the community is half of the very reason it's so despicable. All they do is hero worship the developers. When I see an interview, all they do is sit tdown, tell them how wonderful and amazing their product is, then question them about what they like about the game, not about why everyone left to go play Dragon Nest, or why their updates are so horrendously slow. They SHOULD have Chung by now!

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 9:31PM ObamaBush said

The person above me is obviously mentally retarded.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 12:37AM ShivanSwordsman said

@ObamaBush

Forgive me for not loving and adoring the devs because they put in a cap at which you could do the content of their game to artificially lengthen it. I played the game entirely into it's closed BETA, submitted several reports, AND hit 30. So please don't talk down to me about being mentally retarded, much less your little friend below who thinks I'm a 7 year old boy.

I just think it's complete bullcrap that the devs can't actually create content for their game, so they throw a stamina system in it hoping they'll deceive you. It apparently worked on you, but me? I found better games. Dungeon Fighter Online, Rusty Hearts, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, they all removed their Stamina Systems. So what's Elsword's excuse? Or is it just too much for me, as a consumer, to say "I'm a fully grown young man, well into his late 20s. I can decide WHEN and HOW LONG I get to play a video game. You, the company, should NOT get to make this decision for me"?

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 9:40PM DryBlood said

The Person Who couldn't get pass lvl18 is a 7 year old boy

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 10:24PM Utakata said

So far this thread has produced one complainer and two name callers. Anybody have anything interesting to say about this game?

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 11:59PM Faction 3 said

@Utakata

So...a Giraffe walks into a Bar, the Bartender says "What can I get ya?"

The Giraffe says: "A LONGNECK!!!"

Now this thread has one complainer, 2 name callers, a request to stay on topic, and a Giraffe joke.

Not too bad.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 1:05AM Dblade said

@Utakata the complainer sounds interesting to me, mostly because you dont get that mad unless you invest a lot of yourself into a game you otherwise like.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 1:30AM ShivanSwordsman said

@Dblade

Read the post up above plz. The one below ObamaBush. I clearly state I hit Level 30, played in the Closed Beta, made tons of reports... and I genuinely enjoyed the game. But the stamina system is absolutely terrible, has alienated players that would otherwise be playing and filling said servers up. I would love to play the game, but I'm not sticking with a game that artificially puts a cap into the game, much less only runs cash-shop/temporary item events.

I'd love nothing more than to boot Elsword up, and be smashing through Elsword, unstamina'd, with a Deadly Chaser Chung I only used to dream of making (before that it was Code Empress Eve). But if they're going to sit there and say I'm not mature enough to control my own online time, well, f$%$ 'em. I'll just beta test Tribes Ascend, which beat me out of $30 even after a friend tossed me a key to try it out.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 1:57AM Utakata said

@Faction 3

...now if they only can invent a train that runs on everything but a rail track.

@Dblade

Though I must admit, I did have a "my memories of Ren54" moment...only this time it was a F2P version of it.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 7:13AM Blindness said

Hmm, aside from shiva's hate for anything that has stamina or micro transaction I can say he didn't do much but bashing.

If shiva even bothered going to elsword's site and looked at the event page he would see that they are offering free permanent cash shop item boxs and a few look at the patch notes would tell you that you can turn the flash or v-sync off....

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 1:49PM ShivanSwordsman said

@Blindness

Epic. Like I said, the next step is removing stamina. I'm sorry, it's just too crappy of a system, and supporting it in any way means companies will want it, see it's successful, and try and sell people more stamina, like what DFO and Dragon Nest have going in Korea (if memory serves). As I stated... FFXIV is the only thing you need to see to figure that companies WILL experiment with the worst of systems to try and milk more money out of people.

A Pay to Play with Stamina was the next step. It failed, it freaking failed. It was the biggest disaster in Square's history, and with good reason. I just wish these other Korean companies would assimilate when they cross the ocean. We don't DO Stamina over here, and to be quite frank, I'd probably be playing Elsword right now if it weren't for stamina, especially with the news you just gave me. The flashes used to hurt my eyes like crazy.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 9:30PM ObamaBush said

Shiva is a troll.

What's more to say? Its pretty obvious.

Though he sucks at it.

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 9:34PM ObamaBush said

@ObamaBush
I should also note that I tried speaking with Shiva before in another article that he bashed. Unsurprisingly, it didn't get through him. I wouldn't suggest listening to him. He's a troll who's pretty much reduced to making comment about a game that hardly anyone will read.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM