Posted: Nov 10th 2011 1:34PM Utakata said

Karen Bryan wrote inpart:

"Live players will be happy with the changes because there's no change to what they currently get with their subscription. If you're an EQII live subscriber right now, you'll become part of the gold membership, but nothing changes in your plan. Gold membership will now offer all races and all classes and will basically become the standard subscription plan that players on live servers are used to."

...I was about to ask.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 1:35PM notinterested said

About time, now maybe i will try it again. Was not a fan of the whole separate EQ2X server or the shoddy plans.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 6:41PM Tovrin said

@notinterested I feel the same. Now for Vanguard to become F2P!

Posted: Nov 13th 2011 5:18PM Anulla said

@Tovrin I've never been interested in EQ, but Vanguard has always seemed more interesting as a game setting(somebody tell me if I'm wrong here). If SOE does decide to make Vanguard f2p, I might finally give that a shot.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 1:38PM andyman54 said

AWESOME NEWS I KNEW IN MY HEART THIS WOULD HAPPEN THAT MEANS F2P PVP GETTING PUMPED!!!

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 1:45PM Ehra said

"That means the "power" items currently on the Extended server will be removed, including mastercrafted gear, health and power potions, "

This is a smart compromise. Personally i couldn't care less if the person I'm grouped with spent $2 on a pair of boots or whatever, but lots of people do to an fairly unreasonable degree.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:35PM (Unverified) said

@Ehra There was a thread on the Live forum a few months ago in regards to F2P. The major issue for the F2P haters were the power items. I asked them if the removal of the items would make it acceptable. The answer was yes. Overwhelmingly the support on Live was there with only a very few who spoke up against.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 1:54PM (Unverified) said

So if i sub for a month and make a normally locked race/class, will i lose that class/race combo after the sub runs out?

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:06PM andyman54 said

@(Unverified) Yes you will loose that class and race untill you buy those on the marketplace or sub again

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:17PM Rayos said

@(Unverified)
You don't lose them, but you won't be able to play with them

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 7:45PM Ordegar said

@(Unverified)

This part will not change. The way it is now, if you made a Ratonga Guardian while Gold (subscribed), that character would then be grayed out when your sub dropped. At that point you could then pay the one time fee to unlock Ratonga (and Troll and another race I can't remember), then you would be able to play that character forever, subbed or not.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 10:36PM TheClaw said

@(Unverified) : "if i sub for a month and make a normally locked race/class, will i lose that class/race combo after the sub runs out?"

You'll lose the ability to play it unless you reactivate your subscription.

Under the old EQ2X system, you could pay a one-time fee to unlock classes beyond the basic eight, but the new Free/Silver/Gold matrix makes it pretty explicit that this is being removed - Free and Silver will have access to the basic eight classes, with the others ONLY accessible with a Gold subscription.

It used to say "with SC purchase or membership upgrade” but they have changed that to "with Gold upgrade” only.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:14PM TheJackman said

Best news ever! :)

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:20PM edgecrusherO0 said

Yay! I have access to my old Guardian again! But my templar is on another account :(

This pleases me though, especially if they remove a few of the restrictions from the current f2p version.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:23PM (Unverified) said

Very cool. I resubbed to EQ2 earlier this year and while I really enjoyed playing it again, I just wasn't playing enough to rationalize the cost. I installed the F2P version and just couldn't get into it though mainly because I didn't have my characters that I was used to.

Now I'll be able to hang out with my friends and pay as I want, awesome news.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:24PM (Unverified) said

Gold membership will now offer all races and all

I am glade they FINALLY made this change this is the one thing that turned me off when playing EQII Extended. I eventually wanted to pay the 15 bucks a month but then said screw it when I still had to buy all the race packs.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 4:19PM kevinrahl said

@(Unverified) Agreed. I always thought that the EQ2X store worked very well but I felt that all classes and races should be included with the Gold membership. Now it does ;) Plus now there is no separation of live and F2P players which is how it should have been from the beginning.

All that added features coming in the new expansion also have me pretty excited. Good job SOE at making a great game even better. My wife and I look forward to playing in Norrath for a long time to come.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:34PM dudes said

• 1 heart
Interesting. Good luck. Bit of a makeup thing from SOE after SWG.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 4:19PM (Unverified) said

@dudes

Argghh - once again, SOE is not to blame for the demise of SWG, unless you call entering into a license agreement with LucasArts in the first place a mistake. LA pulled the license - not SOE.

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 2:51PM madcartoonist said

I wasn't a fan of Extended f2p model. This sounds much more doable for me though. Of course I have also been debating about doing SOE's all access pass so it might not really matter to me in the end.