Posted: Nov 9th 2011 2:12PM Marz said

Sounds interesting,

I hope it they don't go with full loot and completely open pvp. Otherwise people will have the same experience with this one as with Darkfall.

Great Idea, great premise, but you try playing the game and you just get killed over and over in the starting area by the veterans who claim to play the game because they don't want to play and EASY game like WoW; but then spend their time killing Noobs who have no chance of defending themselves.

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 2:13PM Spacegrass said

Unveiled: The Supernatural sounds like the name of a White Wolf game.

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 2:29PM (Unverified) said

@Spacegrass Probably as close as we'll get to a World of Darkness in the foreseeable future.

Still, I hope they don't go overboard with the PvP stuff. If you make it so you can't progress your character at all because you get ganked and corpse camped, after awhile only people that play will be vets. And most of those will leave once there is no one left to gank. Seen it happen to many a "Hardcore PvP MMO". Only people left playing camp the starter spawn zone and complain endlessly about there being no one playing.

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 3:01PM Plastic said

@(Unverified)

Admittedly I've only played a few Open World PvP games (I mean seriously, how many actually exist?), but I've never seemed to have the problem that free-for-all PvP-opponents claimed to experience. In all my time playing, it was rare when a high-level toon would just sit their killing lowbies over and over without some sort of retaliation from other high-level players. I've never been more than a little inconvenienced by a griefer, and it's usually always rectifiable by a quick channel/layer/instance swap. I guess I've been lucky.

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 2:58PM Space Cobra said

It's interesting, but like some commentors, even beyond their concerns, I have a few of my own.

I'd like to see some in-game gameplay videos. I keep looking at this and seeing Asian influence, which is not bad, but there are things that may not gel with American/European sensibilities. There will always be fans who overcome that, but I have to see the gameplay.

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 3:45PM Thojorkill said

I'd like to see less leather armor on females; after all, its the exposed implants that stop swords, knives and bullets right? Why don't developers just start putting a studded leather, see-thru, lacy bikini top on every female in every game?

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 3:52PM MMOaddict said

I hate to be the one to say it but...would we label this a Secret World "clone"? That could be a good thing, we could finally move away from the WoW clone arguments, rofl.

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 4:19PM Masync9 said

Maybe if they add Pandas it will shake off the secret world clone vibe lol.

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 5:24PM real65rcncom said

HEAD SHOT!

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 7:41PM Oyjord said

"A few days ago we told you about Unveiled: The Supernatural, a new horror MMORPG from South Korea's Maverick Studios."

Phew, thanks for the clarification. I thought maybe NORTH Korea had entered the MMO-making business. ;)

Posted: Nov 10th 2011 5:38AM Snichy said

Whilst I would LOVE to be wrong, this just seems to me to be another recycled Asian pvp game - its like they sat down and decided to make the same game over and over with same skills, animations, art style etc and just come up with a popular flavour of the month skin (in this case, its supernatural/horror). Like I said, this is just my impression and I really hope I'm wrong as the genre/setting really appeal to me (albeit a bit TOO much like TSW).