Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:25AM Spacegrass said

Overly generic settings. Lord of the Rings Online gets a pass, because Lord of the Rings invented the modern fantasy setting, but I'm otherwise tired of the bog-standard orcs, dwarves and elves. At least in Rift I could play Defiant and get some originality, but developers really need to get more creative.

Also:
* Games that have nothing to do at endgame except raiding
* Pay-to-win games, and pay-to-play with cash shops
* Cartoony graphics
* Asian grindfests

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:27AM Ceridith said

Item mall / Cash shop

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:29AM Space Cobra said

If the game is made by actual surviving Nazis, that is a bit of a turn-off, but I may give it a looksee.

Or space aliens from Andromeda Galaxy. You should *never* trust aliens from there when it comes to making an MMO, but their death-ray technoilogies are superb!

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:34AM MMOaddict said

The UI look, the sounds the characters make in battle, and the animations/visuals.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:37AM Dumac said

Turn based combat, buggy, ugly, ugly or overly complex/unintuitive UI.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:39AM Cassius81 said

If I have to pay for either a box or digital download and there is no option for a free trial beforehand then I will not try the game. The MMO market is already flooded and if a company isn't even confident enough for me to try the product and see if I like it then IMO it's not worth my time or dollar.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:41AM Azzura said

Over Hyped - Nothing Original - Not having control over controlling what my controls do!

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:46AM Lucidus said

Promoting "SPACE COMBAT!"

when it's only a rail shooter.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:48AM GosuSensei said

One of the worst things is when publishers suddenly decide to localize a 5 year old Korean game. I wonder how people fall for that every time.

Also:
Bad UI
Nexon
PWE
non-tradable cashshop items
slow content updates
too many dailies (Im looking at you Forsaken World!!!)

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 9:57AM Zuljundwumn said

Cryptic logo.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:04AM Utakata said

Most F2P's
Consol only MMO's
Any game that has only first person veiwing
Most free for alls if they're just a mindless manly gank fest
Known to have a toxic community

Minor annoyances:

No pink and pigtail options in the character creator. *Pokes at EVE*

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:05AM Malvious said

• 1 heart
Retards like the wow community has (is wow even a community?)

Posted: Nov 11th 2011 9:38AM (Unverified) said

@Malvious

Throwing the word "retard" around like that, you fit right in.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:08AM Kedic said

1.Being forced to group,
or
2. Being forced to Solo (LoTRO Rise of Isenguard, Duo with my wife only to have to drop group to solo the story quests)
3. Gender Locked Characters (Invictus)
4. Grindy game play
5. FFA PvP

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:09AM (Unverified) said

Forced PVP
no solo storyline
no random events
no taming mechanic for pet classes
lack of housing
worlds without life (level 1 critters)
sub only games that take 2 years per expansion
long drawn out progression grinds
limited personalization
cookie cutter classes
content that's burned through a month after launch

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:15AM (Unverified) said

nexon logo - which is sad 'cause i enjoyed the games, but hate the company

when all the marketing/website/forum only talks about the pvp aspect - the pvp I won't be participating in

lack of class originality - oooh you have a mage, a warrior, and a rogue... so does every game in existence

unbalanced skill choices - if you're going to have the selling point of "choose from hundreds of unique skills" more than 10 of them need to be viable

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:16AM Hipster said

1. Easy and unengaging leveling(IE Rift, WoW)
2. Mass Hype for the next AAA title-(IE GW2, if 90% of the people are hyped about the game most likely it wont be engaging enough for me)
3. Not an Open-world
4. Crafting system not unique (IE wow or rift) (good crafting system IE vanguard or mortal online)
5. Only 1 or 2 starting areas
6. Fast travel, dungeon finder w/insta-porting.
7. Questing on rails with lack of epic quests, class quests, etc.
8. F2P
9. 'Dynamic content' that isnt so dynamic.
10. Lack of player construction or at least player housing.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:20AM HiroProtagonist7 said

What turns me off is:
Cutsie models/characters/mobs. Swords and stuffed animals don't mix.
Giant weapons
Models of underage children passed off as adults for the pedos
Low system requirements (poor audio/video/physics)
Non-involved combat (tabbed targeting - and I really wish it didn't require so much research to find this answer)
no dodging or cover (non-involved combat)
spells and arrows that curve in mid-flight (non-involved combat)
no risk - doesn't really affect you if you die.
no player impact on the world
IMHO, if it's possible to LUA script an ideal combat sequence, then you're not playing anything, you're just learning what order to push buttons.

That said, this would cover just about every MMO out right now so realistically I just stay away from the pedo games and the grinders. Plus I play MMOs to play with people - they make the game for me and my guild is oiwesome so I'll play anything where we have a decent proisence.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 10:21AM Krayzjoel said

Full loot pvp
Forced PVP especially for games that require it as endgame.
Permadeath: WoD will be an intresting exception.
Excessive gear upgrading
fantasy genre mmo's (tired of them)
Limited crafting