Posted: Nov 7th 2011 2:36PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I must admit, I'm happy to see CCP doing things correctly as of late, and focusing on the game itself instead of wallet padding. Still, I'm not going to be comming back anytime soon, that article a week or two ago from a dev inside CCP saying that the higher ups are mocking the playerbase and it's opinions, and this is all just to recover lost subs before switching CCP back into Cash Cow Productions with cash shop and buying of ships/modules for real money has me too worried to even consider re-subbing.

If it wasn't for that insider article, I likely would have re-subbed by now with all the useful and common sense improvements as of late. But I want to know the company will stay down this path before I re-invest in this game.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 5:15PM Utakata said

@(Unverified)

Myabe it was me...but I thought I read it as was the dismissve attitude they had during the whole monoclegate affair. It doesn't seem to be their attitude now.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 7:22PM GaaaaaH said

@Utakata
Attitudes like that don't change very quickly, so it will take a few expansions like this to see if CCP are genuine.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 7:46PM Utakata said

@GaaaaaH

Perhaps. But I am also wondering if this new found attitude is not sincere based for another reason. The *article to which (Unverified) was referring to also made mention of potentially another set of layoffs if CCP doesn't pull threw this time. This is obviously then a huge motivator to the current receptive paces of change which are being announced almost dailly. So I am concerned about the attitudes currently, but this time one that seems of pandering as opposed to hostile.

*Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10/23/eve-evolved-the-human-casualties/

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 10:02PM pancho72 said

@Utakata

I have a feeling that a lot of the working developers would have loved to work on these kinds of features earlier, but was held back by upper management. So when they are finally let loose they work with renewed vigour. Thats my optimistic theory. :-)

It does feel a little like pandering, maybe they are throwing a few cheap bones to score a few points. Hopefully they see the positive results of this and make it more permanent.

Players have begged for these types of features for starbases for years. And now they become reality in a very short time span. It seems Incarna was sucking ressources out of the organization like crazy.

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 3:00AM Utakata said

@pancho72

...we can always hope in the least that the pandering becomes something more meaningful overtime. But as long as CCP doesn't have another 20% purging of it's staff.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 2:41PM mikejr said

So far this is shaping up to be a fantastic expansion.

New nebula, new ships, new ship textures, new modules, engine trails, hybrid balancing... and more and more.

I agree - they have done everything right since monoclegeddon.

And as icing on the cake, keeping POSs fueled will be less of a chore.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 2:54PM (Unverified) said

The simplification of POS fueling is very welcomed, but the greatly increased cost for running faction POS's is going to hurt us small corps, but I'm sure for the big corp's/Alliance's this is no problem. The larger fuel bay doesn't offset the large jump in monthly expenses for my corp at least.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 4:36PM Xilmar said

@(Unverified)

I'm sure the faction tower issue will be addressed. I just think the people working on this did not know all the ins and outs of POS management, and if they get feedback, faction towers will get the running cost improvement one way or another, by the time it hits TQ or soon after that.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 3:28PM Doran7 said

"Not too long ago the company was hell-bent on steering EVE Online down the microtransaction dress-up path"

again understand that no one really cared about the charging for "dress up".. it was the hint that the transactions would eventually become game altering that caused the stir.. the monical was just a symbol not the real complaint.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 4:39PM Xilmar said

What's with the avatar? 0.o

Think a picture of a pos or something along that line would have been better. For future reference, i have a screen of a pos/station with bubble penises around it, in case it's needed.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 5:06PM Utakata said

@Xilmar

I think you would look better in pink pigtails. Non?

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 10:11PM pancho72 said

@Utakata

Being a gnome you understandably wouldn't know. The picture in the article is not one of a starbase but of a Titan of the Avatar class. I don't think Xilmar refered to your beautiful portrait :-)

This is an Avatar:

This is a Starbase/POS:

Posted: Nov 8th 2011 3:09AM Utakata said

@pancho72

Oh...you guys where talking about the thingy pictured under the header? I thought you where talking about our avatars that we post with...

...yeah...after this and unsuccessfully trying to figure out where the "Accelerator" in their tutorial tonight, I have a very stiff learning curve it appears with this game. /head desk :(