Posted: Nov 5th 2011 6:05PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
You mean that you covered Final Fantasy XIV for a year, and you still didn't know?

Well. What can I say, Ok.

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 7:01PM Cendres said

@Abriael Don't you ever get tired of being insufferable ?

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 7:08PM Cendres said

The cap to me has always just been as far as you can go with one class. I've never been one to level just for the content only accessible to max levels. But I know that's not the case for many who are used to the formula you describe.

In the 2.0 road map PDF's there are some mention of epic battles to come along against primals and Garleans, let's hope that there are indeed content for those who have reach max and can finally get something for it.

I am a little tired of seeing a lot of coverage saying that everything is basically in 2.0 when that's really not the case, what is coming before then might be slow coming in I'll give you that, but getting to watch an invasion and the world change is pretty epic stuff too. And there's always new quests (that extend what is happening) being added in. How love how some NPCs adjust their conversations to what is happening.

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 7:30PM DevilSei said

I haven't had much, if any experience, with FF14 (I only played some of the Beta), but the lack of actual end-game content may very well have to do with the state of the game at the moment. It seems rather typical for Developers to release a game and just patch in end-game material post-release (with some present at release just in case).

Yet Final Fantasy 14 hasn't really released has it? It had to go F2P, and development (and the dev team) was shifted away and into fixing the game. So instead of a year or so of bug-fixes, adjustments and content updates, they have to address combat, how classes level up, sweeping changes in some aspects of the game itself, on top of providing some content to keep people occupied.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 12:09AM Azules said

Congrats on 50, Of course, if you're shooting to be a tank, you're only halfway done, and then that'll only be bear bones (depending on where your MRD is right now).

The game is way bigger than a single job is the vibe I always got, each one is different and interesting to level up, so as long as you're not a class purist there's always stuff to do and enjoy, and progressing different jobs is beneficial to your character as a whole, of course.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 12:10AM Azules said

@Azules Bare* silly typo

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 5:40AM peyo01 said

Thanks for sharing your feelings about FF XIV endgame, Eliot. It was really interesting to read as it confirmed what I feared for some time now, that this game was an unfinished business from starters (ok, it is not as if nobody told me that, I know).

Anyway, the development team is doing an amazing job today to finish it. So I am confident that v2.0 will be what the game should have been initially and the endgame will not be forgotten in this upgraded version.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 12:25PM Bramen said

How is the patching in FFXIV? Do you still have to jump through 50 hoops just to dl the patch? I might want to come back to the game if it is a bit more player friendly. Still undecided though.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 2:27PM Khalus said

@Bramen

The patcher is still horrendous as ever. Some days its really fast and done in 20min, and other days it can take anywhere from 2-10+ hours. This goes for all sizes of patches too.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 3:15PM smacky623 said

@Khalus
The patcher is horrendous but the files it is getting are still just torrents. You can literally start the patcher and as soon as the download starts close it, navigate to the torrent file in the FFXIV directory and use the torrent program of your choice to do it. Way more effective.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014