Posted: Nov 5th 2011 10:44PM JohnD212 said

Rubi - sorry to say this but you need to take a chill and stop being so aggressive towards those of us who liked One Shots. It is understood why it was taken down but you show very little understanding to those of us who did not know all this trouble was going on behind the scenes to keep it going. You've heard so many people say they miss it and how much they want it back...and while I'm sure Rubi will never allow it to happen...perhaps someone else with a little more sense...can create a new column and allow those of us who love taking shots to submit them regularly. That's called making your customers happy.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 12:14AM herculesmrb said

@JohnD212

I concur with this sentiment. I'm sure that there is a better way to present the problems associated with the column than getting worked up and going off on fans one shots. Oh well, it is what it is.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 1:18AM Hikoro said

@JohnD212

I think not, they made it clear enough. Just stop talking about it, what is done is done. Move on. Use your energy on other things.
Take life the way it is, enjoy what is coming on your path, if you keep looking back , you stand still and you can't see what is in front of you.

If you like it so much, then make your own site , blog or make a forum post dedicated to one shots.

You see this everywhere. People on the internet make free content for your enjoyment, and they work hard for it. So again enjoy what you can.

BUT LEAVE RUBI ALONE! :D

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 6:48AM Carefulwiththatpoptart said

@JohnD212

This is a free website. How are you a "customer?"

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 7:54AM Hurbster said

@JohnD212

Bottom line is you did not need to click on the article to see the picture as it was there in front of you. And it don't know of anyone who doesnt hate the picture board this site uses anyway.

And as for not sending in screenies - I play WoW and I simply cannot be bothered to deal with the negative comments anyone who ever mentions WoW gewts on this site.

Why did you not simply ask us to send in more screenshots - maybe also making us click the article to view the shot might have helped as well ?

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 7:56AM Hurbster said

@Hurbster

And those remarks were not directed to JohnD212 at all, rather the rather aggressive people on the podcast.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 12:32PM Mikx said

@JohnD212

Rubi set up a thread specifically for user submitted screenshots on the massively forums.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 9:02AM Rubi said

@JohnD212 I'm the Community Manager. I don't "allow' anything to happen or not happen. Site content decisions are not mine to make. They never have been.

And really. It's just funny at this point and we're running with the joke. One Shots has been gone for well over a month, we've explained why a dozen times, and people are still writing in to complain, tell us why it's all our fault, and in a few mind-boggling cases, accuse us of lying about the reasons. (Why on earth we'd lie about that is beyond me.) In this case, one reader obviously shared our sense of humor and wrote in with a subject line about my head exploding. We cracked up at that!

I'll say it for the millionth time: if people had cared this much when the feature was still running, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all. And if people really wanted a Massively screenshot outlet now, this thread would be seeing more activity: http://massively.enjin.com/forum/m/1607038/viewthread/1438360-screenshots-ahoy

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 1:11AM Alarie said

This site lets you view lots of screenshots from MMOs. So get to uploading and share your screenshots!!

World of Warcraft has over 1000 images. Shawn upload your Tabula Rasa screenshots. I put a few in there, but it is sorely lacking.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 1:16AM Alarie said

@Alarie

Just to add if you don't find the game you like and have screenshots send a message to the site admin and they will add the game.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 2:20AM Space Cobra said

I think, in regards to answering email, the "at the end of broadcast" thing is fine, however, it wouldn't be too bad if you had an all e-mail show once every two months or so; maybe once a quarter (once every three months). Kinda a clearing house of email answers and that.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 9:51AM MtthwRddl said

I don't think Rubi is mad or "aggresive" towards the people who bring up One Shots, I think it's just the column is over and she's frustrated that people keep bringing it up.

It's like Chris Christie, and how frustrated he got after people kept asking him if he was going to run for President after he had already made a pretty clear message that he wasn't. He could only be polite for so long.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 4:32PM PacketBurner said

Great Podcasts and interview (referring to previous pod too) I was about to poke a taunt in jest at Rubi RE said "One Shots" but think i will cower away from it after reading the comments.

Definately going to check out glitch!!!!

I feel a sudden need to defend the girl with the devilish giggle that made me the guildwars fan i am today... one shots is dead, bow to her editor powers...muhahaha

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 8:57PM (Unverified) said

I wanted to post another downside to the voice chat conversation.

There are alot of people that play MMO's that are severely hard of hearing or even deaf. I was one of those, until I underwent two very expensive surgeries for implants.

It's great that I can understand pretty well on Vent now but I know there are alot of people that aren't as lucky. Keep that in mind.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 9:14PM Thilandril said

Thanks for reading my email on the podcast! Shawn, I'm pretty sure that screen shot is from Fort Defiance on the Valverde Plain on Foreas. I should probably start tagging those shots before I completely forget where they are from (I have a lot, and TR maps are getting harder and harder to find as time goes on).

@Alarie

Cool site!! I may need to contribute!! Thanks for the link :)

Posted: Nov 9th 2011 1:17AM Vazzaroth said

Subject 1: Yes! Do another E-mail show! I loved this, mainly because it was alot of rants and tangents! Sometimes, after keeping up with the Massively posts all week, the news part of the show is kind of boring (Although I still like hearing your guys' take on announcements) and the rants are what keep us listening!

Subject 2: I hate VOIP in games, of all kinds. It might just be because I've had to type as a profession for some time now and I'm quite used to it/fast at it, but keyboard is my preferred method of communication with randoms on the interwebs. If I want voice, I use Skype to call my friends before I launch the game. I've never even been a fan of Vent and I will immediately leave a group or guild if they require it.
Now I think it's nice that it's there, but I agree with Rubi that they definitely need an easy and QUICK way to disable VOIP. They also need to make it easy to show that you cannot hear someone because you have voice turned off, so they don't get mad and kick you with you having no idea why. And if you leave it on, you should never be more than 2 clicks away from a individual mute.

Random Tangent: Why don't more games let you mute player's typing? I don't mean adding individuals to an ignore list. I'd say aprox. 80% of the time I do NOT want to hear anything that people are typing in a PvP zone, especially the enemy team. I would love a toggle to turn off enemy chat (League of Legends comes to mind) and perhaps an option to leave local or party in MMO PVP zones. Perhaps they can make a special "Teamwork" channel that you would have to put a /team in front of your chat to discourage hasty insults.

Anyway, Great show, it really made the 25K Exp grid to my next artillery in World of Tanks more bearable.