Posted: Nov 4th 2011 2:47PM jimr9999us said

Jumped into Ember Isles on the pts a couple days ago...they're not kidding about the lvl 52 mobs! I'm not HK geared but p8 with a couple t1 raid pieces and the basic mobs right out of the gate took some work!

Refreshing to actually have to think about a new zone and not push through it like a lawnmower. It's the most gorgeous place I've seen as well. A superb update, can't wait.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 3:41PM Balraw said

@jimr9999us Now that's what I like to hear. I always like it when a zone feels dangerous and even the normal mobs can be a problem if you get in too deep. (wish I could get onto the pts but download limits stopping me this month so can't get the pts client)

Will be interesting to see what happens when this patch rolls out and the flood gates are opened for all the 50's (well geared or otherwise). I expect I will see a few gravestone littering the floor (probably including mine more often than not.)

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 5:38PM (Unverified) said

I tried out 1.6 on the test shard, Instant Adventures are fairly lame at the moment, "Run here and kill 8 dinos", "Go here and kill 9 convicts" etc. If they tie this in with zone invasions however it will be awesome. One of the reasons I left Rift several months ago was people stopped doing Rifts and Invasions, it's better now, but I'm hoping they will point Instant Adventures in a better direction.

I re-subbed two weeks ago and alot has changed. There are now quite a few new Rift types, and invasions, I find people are more inclined to take part again. They have also overhauled zone "shard/stone" to make getting zone armor a hell of alot easier within the appropriate level.

Ember Isle itself looks awesome, hard as hell but thats ok. I'm hoping Trion does what Guildwars 1 had, hard level cap with all future content strictly based on that cap. I don't want something like WOW where I have to go add another 5 or 10 levels to my char each expansion pack. I much prefer they add more variety, more Rifts, more dungeons for level 50 only.

Rift still has the best character class customization around, it's the main reason I keep coming back. Tired of your Sniping Marksman Bard? Go switch to your teleporting backstabbing Blinkblade, sick of that too? Go to your trainer, pay a few gold and respect everything with any of the 6 talent trees. It's really awesome, I can never go back to Wow's pidgeon holed class creation now.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 5:57PM Acidbaron said

Yes tor, we'll see how that game does. I see more marketing and more hype then actual solid mmo gameplay as even they stated the content regards to time is heavly invested on the single player end and their class story and if i wanted a single player i have much beter options that don't require me to pay monthly. We'll see 3 months after launch how high their retention is.

The only thing i would suggest trion should do is branch out and invest more in none combat related gameplay, the game has a lot of combat related content already.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 7:14PM Graill440 said

• Half a heart
This game is still running?

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 10:40AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I just canceled my sub. Their ascendant system of "infinite customization," is a fraud. Unless you play a mage.

The math engine that drives RIFT is terrible and Adam "Gersh," will make sure his Bright Wizards stay the best there is as long as he's involved.

In fact, most of the warrior community is in the process of quitting now.

Extolling infinite character customization at launch and then not spending any time whatsoever to fine-tune it in the interest of pumping out buggy content is not strong design. And the player base is full of FotM transients.

Rift had potential. It's a shame Trion spends next to no time polishing the final product.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 10:41AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Oh yeah, there's going to be a massive tank shortage upcoming, too.

Why I Play: ArcheAge