Posted: Nov 4th 2011 7:42PM Oskiee said

So after a few hours of playing T:A i can say its better than i thought it was going to be.

So far my only complaints so far are that skiing waaay to controllable compared to the other titles. Youd think thats a good thing, but it takes much of the skill out of skiing. On top of that the jetpacks are a bit weak.

As a old time T1 and T2 player though, i approve of this game, its great great fun.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 10:08PM h4ngedm4n said

Great to see a column dedicated to mmofps. While Tribes doesn't really appeal to me, I look forward to future coverage of the other games mentioned. Although isn't there some crossover between this and the Not So Massively column? I mean World of Tanks sort of fits the bill for both.

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 4:18PM Jef Reahard said

@h4ngedm4n

There may be some overlap for sure. We'll have to see how it goes in terms of which column covers particular games.

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 7:46AM KureAc said

I also got to play the two tests with my beta access key thank you massively for providing those. At the least i can say it was an enjoyable experience but requiring some real predicting with the spinfusers to use hitting a mid air target after a big leap was exceptionly hard. Having not had a fast paced fps i can enjoy since ut2k4 this might be it for me and I've played all of the previous tribes games and put some time into the multi-player, however the selling of class's or the slow unlocking of class's might keep it dull to new comers. I unlocked the sniper class possibly called wraith which was quite difficult to hit targets with considering the speed of them :P from half the map away *cough* I got a few moments on fraps during the play through.
The second class I unlocked was the scout class accompanied by the shotgun and the light spinfuser just a weaker hitting regular spinfuser:P the shotgun well, I couldn't put much use into it unless I got rly close behind someone whilst skiing, or assaulting/defending a generator/capturing flag

Perhaps high speed skiing has become a much more essential element of playing then the previous tribes, as anyone you'l probably fight will be moving at high speeds, the faster you move the harder it becomes to hit someone else, and likewise for them to hit you

Thankfully you regenerate health over time, but there are times your kill streak can be ruined by merely running out of ammo with the generator down, if no one has unlocked the engineer class in your match up your in for some serious doo dah

I hope for release the class previews are more in detail or give visual demostrations for the weapon effects

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 9:01PM BasmatiJoh said

I'm really enjoying how Hi-Rez approaches the shooter genre in Global Agenda, looking forward to seeing more on Tribes!