Posted: Nov 4th 2011 8:03PM Ghostspeaker said

I think this explains a lot of why the transition is taking so long. They're not transitioning to F2P so much as relaunching the game.

I definitely appreciate this change. I started playing this week and the current skills can be pretty confusing.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 8:43PM JohnFordColey said

I find this to be good news. After ground combat, I found the skill tree to be the most annoying part of STO. Now that ground combat isn't an exercise in frustration and the skill tree will soon be able to be understood by normal humans, I feel like the future can only get better for the game.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 9:06PM MMOaddict said

Agreed. So the game had to go F2P and change hands before having itself overhauled, ah the drama. I hope it makes it a better game in the end. I need my occasional Star Trek fix and since there aren't any shows on, this could be a nice substitute.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 10:10PM Verus said

Still looks far too confusing for new players but a step in the right direction.

Next can we have an upgrade to the worthless crafting system or perhaps better yet remove if until it can be overhauled completely ?

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 10:34PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
It is not a relaunch, the game did not change hands and the system was only really confusing to those under 100 IQ

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 12:30PM Snowblind said

@(Unverified)
Not knowing what the skills do has nothing to do with IQ, since it requires knowledge of the game mechanics and how each skill works from an early stage.

It's a bad system because new players were obviously not going to know how it's supposed to work, that doesn't make them dumb.

Posted: Nov 5th 2011 6:21PM StClair said

@(Unverified)
I understand it, and I like to think my intelligence is above-average (but then, don't we all). I just don't /like/ it.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 11:28PM Armaros said

@(Unverified)

Right, having obscure skills that have undocumented effects on your characters is not confusing. They don't even explain how much of a bonus each point in a skill is, that was done all by people on the forums.
Some skills plainly didn't do anything noticeable or are more expensive for the same benefit (weapon types). Did you know that Photonic Theory does absolutely nothing for Photonic Shockwave? Yet it is listed as one of the connected skills.

Right, the entire skill sysytem was fine and needed no update /sarcasm

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 5:59AM Snichy said

I haven't played since a few weeks after launch. With the latest changes I keep planning on giving it another try but every time I think about reinstalling it, they announce another improvement that makes me want to wait until its implemented! Great news that they are improving the things I didn't like about the original game (sector space, skills). Hopefully they have removed the ability to warp into a planet when leaving a system, and my hope is they will remove the loading time/invisible walls between sectors so it is seamless and smooth without having a loading screen.

Posted: Nov 7th 2011 5:09PM zuchaka said

is the game still highly instanced okay just checking