Posted: Nov 4th 2011 2:42PM foofad said

@ScottishViking It also costs less than half of what it costs to fit a Maelstrom. The point is that there are ships (well, a ship) that can effectively work a split system. But it's a moot point anyway since it'll supposedly have 8/8.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 11:55AM tooright said

you left EVE because you don't like the Plex system?

within a few hours of playtime you earn enough ISK to pay for the monthly sub.

You take advantage of noobs and bads who can't earn their own ISK.

Then you go blow up their ships and make them need more ISK from you.

Whats not to like?

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 5:12PM (Unverified) said

@tooright : a mechanic that is the greatest incentive for gold-farmers and black-market RMT in the history of the genre?

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 12:04PM rgolch said

Not bad, but the other new T3 BC's are way cooler. Can't wait for the V3 project to be fully realized; here's to hoping CCP does fall back to their old ways of bait and wait. So many past unfulfilled promises. CCP, stay on the right track! :-)

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 12:11PM Seldra said

Now that's a tough looking battleship. I always liked how the mag looked but now I think I have a new fave.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 12:15PM Archebus said

Looks too similar to the Rokh for my tastes.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 10:12PM h4ngedm4n said

@Archebus
I also think it looks pretty much like a Rokh. Just thinner and smoother.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 12:26PM Khai mann said

"equally capable of fitting large torpedo launchers, large rail guns or even blasters," Nice

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 12:31PM Utakata said

"Take that snake fish!"

...oops, wrong game! :)

(And probably not a good idea when his/her buddies can take a part that expensive ship your flying that you worked hard for in retaliation.)

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 1:23PM Aganazer said

If only they would add some interesting PvE then I might actually play this game again.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 1:39PM Boardwalker said

@Aganazer

I've heard Incursions can be fun.

Overall, I've always enjoyed the PVE aspect of EVE. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but it seems comparable in that regard to other established MMOs out there.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 1:45PM Sain34 said

The real question is can you solo grind level 5s in it :)

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 1:59PM EdmundDante said

In addition to new ships - I would like to see new types of modules and/or a new combat mechanic introduced.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 2:22PM Yog said

I just don't get CCPs propensity to create almost symmetrical ships.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 5:17PM (Unverified) said

Split systems can work, but they need a lot of utility slots to do so. Look at the slot layout on a Phoon, Domi or even a Myrmidon. All are useful not because of the split weapons platforms but in that they can deal sufficient DPS while having multiple roles and configurations. Problem with this ship is that is does not. No utility high, no drones, no tank. 3 Low slots, 2 of which will be damage mods. And a crazy big sig radius.

This ship will really only be used for one role successfully, snipe while relying on a range tank. I hope someone can find more uses for it but I just don't have the imagination for it. Though I know there will be at least a few people trying to mine in it like they would a Rokh ;)

The Daily Grind: Do you suck at MMOs?

Posted on Jul 25th 2014 8:00AM