Posted: Nov 4th 2011 6:12PM Rhazes said

Should call it Nakedfall: No risk great rewards.

Hordes of naked players risking nothing and gangbanging anyone with gear on then logging off with their loot.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 6:13PM (Unverified) said

You clearly do not play. It's practically impossible to kill a well geared group or even a single good player naked.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 6:28PM Phone Guy said

@(Unverified)

Which leads to the opposite happening. One over the top player with decent gear will walk all over a horde of newbies with no risk to himself. Played Darkfall for a while with a group of guys. We were all new and our time was filled with Getting Ganked by players who decided the materials we were farming to skill up were much needed for their maxed out skills.

To be honest it gave me flash backs of the Wood campers in UO when you first logged on as a new character. Newbie Protection was nice but the second it dropped we were lambs to the slaughter. In the end Darkfall puts to much emphasis on Stats, requiring you to max out a few in order to survive a fight. Not to mention if you skills aren't near capped you will find any semblance of offense useless to somebody in armor.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed leveling skills and being freeform, but its not fun that they essentially locked PvP to end game with the weight that skills and stats play.

So until they create a way to make PvP more even or limit it to only certain portions of the game, I really can't get excited. Which in the end its a shame since my group actually enjoyed the game up until PvP entered into it.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 10:07PM A sneaky zebra said

@Phone Guy

Dont worry man, there's a lot if people too sensitive to play darkfall :P. Tbh as someone who is just starting to "max" his toon it doesn't make an extreme difference.

Maxing out a toon is a pretty sloppy and all over the place process but by NO means is it even being close to required. And neither is gear, me and a clannie attend large scale fights naked with weapons just for the slightly added challenge. If you level a toon smartly you can be pvp viable just as fast as WoW.

Not only that but AV has increased skill gains to the point where it's almost silly. Meditation is a great tool as well now.

This game is a one of a kind and if you're a gamer not playing darkfall then your missing out on something special.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 6:19PM (Unverified) said

Gonna have to keep my eye on this! Been thinking about it again.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 6:42PM real65rcncom said

I played at launch, paid some "premium" price because I was in the States (I think it was like over $60 or something), played thirty days and left.

Sorry but if you want me to even think about reactivating, you'd have to do better than a WEEKEND considering the skills to level take much longer than that.

Make it two weeks trial and I'll 'think' about it.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 9:08PM MMOaddict said

@real65rcncom

Excellent point. This game needs a major skill mechanic overhaul and probably a UI overhaul as well. Which I hope they are doing with the 2.0 client, but who knows...getting anything from these guys or content on a frequent basis is similar to Blizzard these days, and that's not a good thing.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 9:13PM (Unverified) said

Lol I wish Aventurine was like Blizzard.

Posted: Nov 6th 2011 7:25AM (Unverified) said

@real65rcncom There IS a 14 day trial (http://www.darkfallonline.com/trydarkfall/). This promotion is your old characters being reactivated so that you don't have to pay for a month to play that character and so you don't have to start over on a trial just to get a taste for the increased skill gains, etc.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014