Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 1:36PM Alluvian EstEndrati said

No surprised about them sticking to the 4 main server types I think. I do feel a little sorry for those early pre-launch guilds who may have wanted to be on a RP-PvP server. Ahh well.

Sure some folk will be disappointed that there is no FFA server type, but the game was not designed for that style of play anyways.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 1:46PM Nibbana said

I'm going to roll on this server, anyone else in the Massively community planning on going RP-PVP on the Republic side?

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 1:58PM real65rcncom said

@Nibbana

Check with Ren54.. I think he's going to roll on that one.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:19PM Lenn said

@real65rcncom I died a little inside.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:20PM (Unverified) said

@real65rcncom
Ren had his heart broken by Rift when they introduced ingame RMTs.
I haven't seen him here since. But give him kudos he took it like a trooper and admited his disappointment at Trion and Rift but he hasn't been back that I have seen.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:34PM jealouspirate said

@Nibbana

I plan to go RP-PVP on the Republic side for sure.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:53PM (Unverified) said

@Nibbana

I'm going RP-PVP Republic. I think it'd be great to get the Massively players together and play. Jaime-Hunter is my SWTOR account name if you'd like to friend me on the site. Pretty sure I have at least two quality guild options lined up as well.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 5:35PM Equillian said

@real65rcncom

You mean hes gonna troll on that one :)

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 8:13PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Ren54's still here. He's posting as Mtor now.

Now true, I have no PROOF these two trolls are the same person, except I saw Mtor trolling around before Ren54 showed up. Mtor vanished when he did though. And now that Ren54's vanished, Mtor's back.

Then there's the fact that they both complain about the *exact* same things, for the *exact* same reasons. I'm not exactly a writing expert but the "voice" is identical. I'm sure a script-kiddy could check find some way to trace back the IPs on their respective posts and clinch it. I'd be deeply amused if I'm right.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 8:57AM Celtar said

@Nibbana

After sitting on the fence on this one for some months, I pre-ordered the limited edition and signed up on the website. Since pvp and rp to me should always be the norm, I am for sure going to be on the pvp-rp server. :)

As to which faction I'll play? Back to sitting on the fence until I can figure that one out. Heh.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 10:25AM Nibbana said

@(Unverified)

I'm Nibbana on the forums, I'll friend you there. And yeah, share your guild options....I'm looking for a good humored light-medium RP guild that likes to group for pvp, operations, etc.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 1:54PM (Unverified) said

So happy to see a PVP server

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 1:57PM Space Cobra said

"Star Wars : the Old Republic releases Server Details"

...and here I thought this article was going to describe what my waiter was going to look like as he served my next meal! Now I have to wonder if I get the guy in the Obi-Wan robes or the woman dressed as Chewbacca! :/

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:09PM sonofman said

I am so ROLEPLAYING A WOOKIE....

...

......

RWARRRRR....

...

that was exciting...

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:10PM Lucidus said

• 1 heart
@sonofman You can only make humans of various hues. And Twileks.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:15PM sonofman said

@Lucidus

My heart... it is breaking...

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:29PM neojames82 said

@Lucidus For not at least, I'm sure has the updates and expansions get released they will add more races.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:40PM Mtor said

@neojames82 They'll never add wookies because it won't work with voiceovers. If you make a star wars mmo with wookies but they aren't a playable race, then as a developer you're just flat out doing it wrong.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:06PM Space Cobra said

@Lucidus

"You can only make humans of various hues. And Twileks."

Meh, just give him a shaggy beard and it'll be fine...

...heck, if they have hairy Twileks, that's *half-way there* !!!

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:23PM (Unverified) said

We dont really need Bioware devs to "enforce" the roleplay rulesets on the rp-pvp and rp-pve servers. However, we DO need these GMs to take action against those players that abuse these servers, harass the players and everything in between.

I believe in a 3 warning system - one emailed + in-game msg warning, then the 2nd warning will be a 24hr ban from the game, and then if it happens a third time, it will be a 3day ban and always a 3day ban for every incident that occurs, if the problem isnt a huge deal (like name violations or ERP)
Now, if a player is harrassing multiple players publicly and/or a group of players is abusing the games system, then the third warning will be a PERMENANT IP ADDRESS BAN(or if the problem is serious, then there is no warning and they get banned right away)

Devs need to realize that by letting these pieces of crap get away with whatever they want on RP-related servers, the community on those servers starts to deteriorate and wlill ultimately be destroyed by these scumbag players. It will also cause many players to abandon their characters for a different server and some will leave for a different game altogether!

The rules are OBVIOUS to all current mmo players and there should be a popup window with details on how one is expected to behave on an rp server before logging in. If someone blatently refuses to abide and is destructive in their gameplay towards the world and others(as many are) and even say"they cant do anything. i payed 15/mo i can do whatever the frack i want - screw you!" then these players need to be removed ASAP.

The funny thing, is its a very small vocal minority that behaves this way. Of, lets say about 20k players on an average RP server, only about 100 will be these scumbags, maybe less- though it seems like many many more because they all have multiple alternate characters AND play all day long.

Lets make sure SWTOR succeeds in all aspects, especially in the roleplay sense and lets make sure all who refuse to abide by these RP rules, are removed and/or reported ASAP!

(as we all know, the saddest thing is these players can easily play on a regular pvp or pve server, but choose the RP-related server just for the attention and because they can cause the most damage there)

RP 4ever! Salute!