Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:42PM Nearly Departed said

I played f2p last night for a few minutes and was interested. Tried to log in today and can't. From the forums, it looks like the USPC and EUPC servers took a hit really hard and are now down.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:04PM SwarlesBarkley said

@Nearly Departed

Just tried and got right in.. 3:02 p.m. EST

Also been having fun in-game. I had tried it back in beta and found it unworthy of a monthly sub, but thought it fun.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 4:54PM Misterlee said

@Nearly Departed

From a little searching around, it seems the regular downtime for maintenance is Thursday, so this is probably normal.

I hope it's a bit more stable this evening than last night though, because I was really enjoying it before the servers started to fall apart.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:52PM WhiteRime said

Yea it's somewhat disappointing for the paying customers actually - there was supposed to be some technology to prioritize the paying customers in terms of the login Queues, but they haven't actually rolled that "feature" out yet.

It's nice to see new faces though.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:02PM Space Cobra said

"Earlier this year SOE consolidated all of the game's launch-day shards down to a few "megaservers" and PC Gamer reports that login queues are paying the price as a flood of F2P tire-kickers descends on Gotham City and Metropolis en masse."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that, so I'll laugh! ;P

Lost a name or three I shouldn't have lost, especially since I played for longer than most players on my server. I guess it's Karma.

But meh, it will either drop back to an acceptable level in a month or four or DC will re-install separate servers again. But hey, now we can see the benefits of too many players playing on the same server! ;P

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 10:01PM JuliusSeizure said

@Space Cobra

The only name I lost was one I expected to, but I managed to keep a few that I thought would have been taken. Still, I feel for ya, man.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:08PM Lucidus said

It appeared on Steam today. Still only mildly interested though, already have a Champions account (f2p).

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:34PM pcgneurotic said

@Lucidus

Eh, it's a different kettle of fish to Champs or CoX. Where those two games are more like long, slow, romances full of ups and downs, breathless excitement and the occasional disappointment, DCUO is all about epic shagging with exciting strangers in dangerous places.

Can I say that?

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:44PM Arkanaloth said

@pcgneurotic I've got CO running as well, I have to admit I'm leery of SOE games after playing a few. (SWG, EQ2, and Vanguard) Should I try this one I wonder?? If so it certainly will not be until the dust settles a little.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:12PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Register users is not guage of success, only profit is.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 10:07PM JuliusSeizure said

@(Unverified)

It's far too early to talk about profit. Registrations is a nice, positive sign, though.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:14PM Sente said

Tried to set up the game again on my PS3, but ran out of hard disk space - seems it needs about 20-21 GB on the hard disk.

Anyway, since the current disk is really small anyway it is time to replace it with a new one.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:19PM Damn Dirty Ape said

I've been downloading this on Steam for the past 17 hours or so and I'm only about 50% done. :(

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 5:35PM Metatron said

@Damn Dirty Ape Took me about 24 hours. The last 300MB apparently hangs too. Took me about two hours just for that segment. Garbage launcher.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 6:55PM Protoavis said

@Damn Dirty Ape

Took me only approx 4 hours with a max 1mb/s dl speed....granted I downloaded the day before the f2p launch.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:20PM (Unverified) said

Had a HARD time logging in, Gotham seemed crowded.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:38PM Rhodanum said

I'm still puzzled as to what on earth is going on with this game and Steam. I remember not seeing it on the platform for the longest time when I wanted to buy it. I knew for a fact that it wasn't a case of 'only for US players', because the game did have EU servers. One day I stumbled upon it merely by accident, by viewing a cached version of the Steam webpage. The surprise being that this was the European version... yet it was listed as unavailable in my region when I tried to access it normally.

Finally, I got fed up and bought it from Direct2Drive. And NOW I'm hearing that it's smack-dab in the middle of the Steam page due to the F2P conversion and I'm still not seeing it.

Any European players having this issue as well? I'm asking because if Steam isn't showing an EU-available game for my country, hell knows what other available titles I'm not seeing right now.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:41PM DerpMchurson said

PS3 servers are taking a beating.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:59PM Chiren said

My friend and I spent most of yesterday downloading the 14GB client.

We then spent about an hour in the character creator.

We couldn't actually get into the game - it kept timing out, then the one singular PVE server was down. :/

Sooooo.... all we have to go on right now is:

1) best intro movie ever
2) Less character creation options than Champions Online. Why aren't there sliders to adjust body and face parameters - what is this 2002?
3) OMG so much furry.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 4:06PM DerpMchurson said

@Chiren Theres a ton of costume unlocks in game.

The Daily Grind: I'll miss you, Vanguard

Posted on Jul 31st 2014 8:00AM

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM