Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 8:36PM J45neoboy said

Definitely think you should level up to 15. It will allow you to see more of the story and combat, and in return tell us about it.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 9:39PM mattwo said

I bet you hated the story for DKs, Goblins, and Worgen then.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 10:10PM Bramen said

I hope to hear about improvements to the leveling grind. So I voted for leveling up to 15. Please cut us the honest truth about it, we can handle it, good or bad.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 1:13AM JuliusSeizure said

That's why I liked the Ul'dah story, as far as I played it. It's pretty much implied that you're just doing your own thing, chasing your dreams, but politics keeps happening around you that you get to witness and lend a hand with.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:06AM (Unverified) said

The original notion for FFXIV was that any class could experience the story, Combat, Casters, Crafters and Gatherers all alike. For this reason you will not find any engaging or challenging fights in the "old" main story line.

Now since patch 1.19 the focus of the grand companies as the content bringers you have to be either Combat or Caster to progress. This opens the door for content planned around battles and strategy.

Don't get me wrong, the main story is interesting and engaging, and at the end left me wanting more. But if you want to see more challenging content start with the grand company quests.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 2:46AM ephesym said

Granted, playing FFXIV is an acquired taste, but it seems to me your trying to play when you don't have any real time to invest. FFXIV takes things a bit slower than your average MMO, but that has been a trait of all the games in the series.Leves were designed to fill that 'log in for a quick fix' slot, but their current implementation leaves a bit to be desired.

I would suggest holding off on Alchemy, it along with cooking haven't received their update yet so it will be 'harder' than the rest to do.

I would suggest getting the Lancer to 15, but don't be afraid to buy the cheap weapons in the battlecraft ward and mess around with other jobs. For instance taking con or thm to lvl 4 will allow you access to a heal on any of your jobs.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 9:29AM (Unverified) said

Botany and Alchemy and Ul'dah. I'm sticking to my guns here! :P

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM