Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 7:17PM Stormwalker said

Okay the name Twixt tickles my memory, but I can't recall what he did exactly.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 7:25PM Eliot Lefebvre said

@Stormwalker

He was a professor who claimed to study player attitudes via PvP in CoH. Of course, he didn't PvP like most people did, or like people did, or like the game wanted you to. Instead, he used the Teleport pool to pluck other players out of the area and into the waiting range of police drones, which would then kill said player without question.

This was apparently turned into a study in which he derived the conclusion that he had performed important research work.

(I'm condensing a lot, here. I sadly don't have a lot of the relevant links on my bookmark toolbar.)

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 7:41PM Ehra said

@Eliot Lefebvre

Ah, I remember that. His paper went along the lines of something like "I broke their arbitrary rules on how to play the game and they got mad at me! Isn't that an interesting look at the psychology of MMO gamers?!"

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 11:48PM Stormwalker said

@Eliot Lefebvre Ah, right, I remember that nitwit now. Thanks for the refresher.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 11:41AM SiML said

PvP zones in CoX are an absolute ghost-town. Roll back all the useless tinkering, diminishing returns and heal-suppression to the glory days of i12 - and just let people have fun!.

No discussion, years of debating on the forums have got the community (and game) nowhere. i12 or nothing.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 11:42AM (Unverified) said

Is your hero called the Carebare :D

BOO HOO you dont like pvp dont pvp :)

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 4:20PM Daemodand said

Bases need to be uprooted entirely and redone from scratch. Bases need to be as cool and useful as the Hall of Justice, the Hall of Doom and The Batcave.

Look at what Champions has done with personal lairs. They got it right, and it pains me to admit that but they did. I strongly suspect a similar feature will crop up in COHF eventually.

Posted: Nov 4th 2011 4:21PM Daemodand said

@Daemodand P.S. As for PvP, yeah, the best thing they could do right now is roll back to I12 PvP. It had many, many flaws, but the flaws of the current system are far worse.

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014