Posted: Nov 1st 2011 11:24AM (Unverified) said

Somewhat disappointed with the changes for blasters. My problem with them were less in the platform itself rather than the bonuses applied to the ships that carry them. Blasters to me has always been about going balls deep, close to optimal range and unleash hell in gank fit boats. I would have been happier with a bonus to microwarpdrive use, mass reductions or even more resilience to the effects of webifiers all of which would help in getting and staying on your target to keep your DPS on them.

The capacitor use reductions are nice. The changes to Tech II charges are nice as well.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 11:36AM Brendan Drain said

@(Unverified) Inertia modifier changes effectively reduce the effect of not only a ship's base mass, but also armour plates. Hopefully the base speed increases and inertia decreases help level the playing field between blaster ships and autocannon ships. The Thorax will certainly get a lot more use after the patch, as it already has a bonus to microwarpdrive use.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 11:34AM DairamX2 said

I wish CCP would stop calling patches "expansions". These are necessary fixes to improve gameplay. If every software developer called patches "expansions", MMOs like WoW would be on expansion #1000.

So please CCP, stop the madness and do what you need to do to fix the sandbox. We aren't stupid

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 11:53AM DairamX2 said

@DairamX2

I am happy about the refocusing that CCP has done to its flagship game. Hopefully the word gets out about the refocusing and players come back to EvE. More players = more pew pew

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 12:04PM Knoodlepot said

@DairamX2 i agree Expansion means to me new content, new items, new ships, new stuff not fixing things that should of been fixed 2years ago. I am extremely happy with what they are planning for winter so are alot of my friends re-subbing. keep up with the good work CCP.

But's it's a huge Patch fix not an expansion still love ya CCP :)

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 12:15PM Brendan Drain said

@Knoodlepot The thing is, they ARE also adding new content, new items and new ships. They obviously don't have the time to do a full-scale expansion, but it's bound to be more substantial on content than Incarna and that's what's important.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 12:43PM Dirame said

@DairamX2

All I'm going to say is; T3 Battlecruisers FTW and owning my own custom offices to extort people for more win \0/

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 2:17PM OmegaTwig said

@DairamX2 CCP calls Patches Patches and Expansion Expansions. Every year CCP releases 2 Expansions that both add content and or re/balance things in the game. The problem with calling something like this a patch is that it affects way too many things, and will also probably not be finalized until the time the winter expansion is due for release. (Ignoring the fact that it has been stated that this will come out with the winter expansion)

The use of the word expansion, with eve, is to describe (more or less) a massive patch and introduce a new version number/name. There are many more things coming in the winter expansion including T3 BC's, the rest of the racial captains quarters, more super-cap balancing (iirc), as well as some (rumored) changes/tweaks/balances to SOV warfare (Other than the super-cap things).

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 3:03PM DairamX2 said

@OmegaTwig

My ASSumption is that when I started playing, everyone raved about the Apocrypha expansion (istarted right before Dominion). Then every "expansion" since then has been a major let down to the older bitter vets. I'm just suggesting that they might change the wording to not letdown the fan base.

@Brendan Drain

Yes they are adding new ships, but and I hate to bring WoW into this, but its the only other MMO i've played, but WoW added content (new raids, zones and tiers) to some patches and game mechanic fixes to all patches and they were never called "Expansions" Thats my only thing. This upcoming expansion is a fix that should have been developed a long time ago. But it is an improvement.

@Dirame

Its a 3rd tier of battecruser, not a T3 Battlecruiser. Not flamming, just making sure you realize this. Also its a smart move. A lot of people prefer the BC sized hull to anything bigger. It makes the most sense to "get them into the hands of the pilot" sooner.

Also if your offices has certain types of dancers, I would love to visit ;-)

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 3:59PM Khai mann said

@Dirame

I agree :)

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 5:21PM Caerus said

@DairamX2

If the patch "expands" your gameplay beyond what it was before, it's an expansion. I don't like or play EvE (I do read these articles pretty regularly, though), so I'm not sure what the winter expansion is scheduled to hold, but as long as it meets that criteria then they're fine using that word regardless of the relative balance between fixes, updates, balancing, and new or expanded content.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 11:39AM Azev said

All these recent changes and refocus is making me sign back up for eve. Good Job CCP

Keep it up

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 2:01PM DairamX2 said

@Brendan Drain

@Dirame

Also if your offices has certain types of dancers, I would love to visit ;-)

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 4:57PM ScottishViking said

Wow, haters gonna hate. CCP actually gets around to making all the "small changes" people have wanted forever and now the complaints about it being "not big enough" start. Some things never change.