Posted: Nov 1st 2011 10:04PM Furdinand said

@Skyydragonn You can trade items but not cash, which along with the $2000 cash limit (extra cash is set aside until you subscribe or pay to access some of the extra cash, note that there isn't a option to pay for a permanent cash limit increase) might lead to an interesting barter economy if the "premium" population takes off. Non-subscribers who want to raid might end up stockpiling soder colas (health/mana potions) as well as boe green to vendor in order to cover their repair bills.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 7:33PM Axtimusprime said

So its up on PSN. Says you need 18gb free space. Is this cross platform with PC? I'm downloading the pc client as well.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 7:38PM SirUrza said

@Axtimusprime

Nope.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 7:56PM Axtimusprime said

@SirUrza Hmmm cancelled PC version then. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 9:30PM Yuutuu said

@Axtimusprime
No, they have separate servers. If you have friends you want to play with they have to get the same version as you.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 9:03PM veksar said

well it says US servers are up for PC yet it says servers are down when I get into the game. what is the deal here

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 9:16PM (Unverified) said

I enjoyed the couple of hours that I was able to play in beta before a patch caused my computer to lock up every time I zoned.

I'm on a different computer now so hopefully it's better now.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 10:56PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

All done downloading....and it's still not ready...

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 12:02AM veksar said

@(Unverified) yeah doubt it will be up tonight. good thing they were ready!!

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 12:06AM (Unverified) said

PC version is now up and running!

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 12:08AM TCJJ said

Well, New Zealand internet is super-slow so it'll take a while to download, so even though the PC version is out for free, I'm just going to wait for the PS3 version to go free (it still hasn't...) because I'd rather play it on PS3 since I'm not a PC gamer. I'm really looking forward to playing it though.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 2:22AM (Unverified) said

I played DCUO for a while when it first came out. I went into the game with an open mind regarding SOE and people talking a lot of poo about them. I didn't think much of it, but let me tell you, it's the first time I cancelled a game sub because of a company. Too many things to list individually, but overall it was the general "could give a crap" attitude the company seemed to have on the forums about anything the player base would want in a majority. So many things HUGE amounts of people would ask for, only to have responses like "no we think this is best for our game sorry" type of crap over and over.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 8:45AM Yellowdancer said

@(Unverified)

You are speaking of Chris Cao answers...he's no longer in charge of DCUO. Check out the SOE youtube channel. Much better attitude from the devs since he left.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 4:25AM (Unverified) said

The problem with these free to play games is that they do support the rottening of this industry.

Obviously these games didn't succeed as P2P games. Hardly anyone wanted to pay 15 dollars a month to keep playing after 2 or 3 months, which also means ... no one is finding it worth playing it after the initial launch.

Yes yes but NOW it is free, so now it is .... better ? Really ?

MMORPG's are only WORTH playing if you do keep your avatar and further progress with it in THAT part of the game you like most. Be that PvP, PVE, crafting, bragging gear or assembling achievements.

In this respect it shows that all GOOD games that didn't even have a P2P model now ... become P2P (like the Elite service of COD, where you DO want to play longer and longer for the achievements and prestige in PvP).

It just shows that games going F2P MMORPG's were failed games to begin with.

I can imagine WOW going free to play after 10+ years, but new games that turn F2P hardly a year after launch are just terrible games.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 8:51AM Yellowdancer said

@(Unverified)

I think ALL MMO's should have a free portion. Doesn't matter if its F2P, Freemium or unlimited trial with level cap.

WOW already has a free portion. I expect RIFT and TOR will adopt a free system when the newness wears off.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 1:25PM vamplifire said

how does one download the game on ps3?

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 3:23PM Cendres said

@vamplifire Go to the Playstation Store and look under new releases.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2011 3:54PM Daemodand said

#1 piece of advice to any PC players wanting to play this: get a controller because keyboard and mouse suck for this title. It'll still be a content-lite title with no social tools, but at least you won't get carpal tunnel.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2011 3:39AM Daegalus said

Nope. To me its just a different pricing model. I don't judge a game based on how it make its money. I love a lot of F2P games, and lot of P2P, and I enjoy a lot of F2P games that were converted from P2P games. Its all good to me. I judge a game by PFF, Personal Fun Factor.