Posted: Oct 31st 2011 10:50PM JuliusSeizure said

@Lateris

'Q. Will DLC be offered in the new MechWarrior® Online™ game?

'A. Not in the way that you imagine it. Content will be pushed to you via the game patcher. Once a patch has been applied, new game content is immediately available to you. Larger patches could be considered expansion packs but again, it's pushed to you the player at no cost.'

Doesn't sound like it.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:01PM (Unverified) said

I'm very happy that this game is coming out, but a F2P online game isn't quite what I expected. I was hoping for a stand-alone game, something with killer graphics and gameplay. I guess we have to wait and see.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:04PM Oskiee said

Hell. Yes.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:22PM Oskiee said

All my battletech buddies are calling me about this. Were all in a tizzy :OD

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:10PM Vegetta said

Woot! I will be all over this game.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:12PM Syesta said

Oh my Jenners and Jump Jets...

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:18PM Jcook264 said

Hail to the KING baby!!!

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:18PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
thats already exists perpeetum

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 1:28AM jeremys said

@(Unverified) Actually... I think Perpetuum is a good model of how a Battletech(Mechwarrior) game could be. I talked about it in a previous livestream of Perpetuum.

It's got a great structure. You'd just need to expand the modules that could be fitted onto the "mechs", change the mech models and plug in all the terrific lore and you'd have an excellent start at a Battletech MMORPG.

My personal beef is that Battletech could only stand as a sandpark MMO, that's why I'd point to EVE and Perpetuum as being the ideal models for it. However, my personal guess is that it will follow and action-arcade trend with pocketed areas of co-op gameplay. Hopefully, I am wrong.

I'm a huge fan and have played Battletech before it was ever on a computer.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:20PM alimantando said

Still wish it would be combined arms, I would love to pilot a Lightning hovercraft and blitz my way to death while riding slalom through assault 'Mechs.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 1:40PM StClair said

@alimantando
It was amusing to me, back in the old days, to watch the continued nerfing of vehicles in order to keep (thoroughly impractical, for any number of real-world reasons) Mechs as kings of the battlefield.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:21PM Saker said

I seem to recall there was a Japanese version of this game online years ago in some level of development - remember seeing some screen shots... No idea whatever happened to it....

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 8:53AM Malagarr said

@Saker

That may have been the attempted Robotech MMO. Didn't get very far. Although Robotech predates BattleTech by a year or so (if memory serves), the BettleTech universe was much richer.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:32PM Fabius Bile said

• 1 heart
MW? hell YES
F2P? hell NO

sadly the NO weights more than the YES

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 6:02AM Snichy said

@Fabius Bile. Once upon a time I would have agreed, but F2P/B2P or a hybrid is really becoming popular and successful as a business model and whereas before I may have judged a game harshly even before playing it if it was announced to be F2P, now I will give a chance and have learnt to judge the game based on its merits rather than its charge.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:46PM Stellar25 said

I would like support for the following:

- Solaris VII (perfect for arena, etc)
- ComStar / Word of Blake
- Clans (seems likely since game is set in 3049 for launch) but will they be NPCs? Options to play as Trueborn or Freeborn Warriors? I would like to take part in the Clan Invasion.

This game has a lot of potential for PvP.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 8:56AM Malagarr said

@Stellar25

The Clans invaded in 3050, so my guess is the game will start off with the rumors of a potential new threat that started in 3049 and the first "expansion" will probably be the Clans. ComStar is likely to come after, since I think they stayed neutral until after the Clan invasions.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 10:46AM Althris said

@Malagarr
Comstar was neutral during the Clan invasion, until the clans identified Terra as their prime target. Once that happened Comstar fought the clans and forced a halt to the invasion. I actually just re-read the Legend of the Jade Phoenix trilogy a few months ago that deals with this from Clan Jade Falcon's point of view.
Love the lore of Battletech. Really excited about this game. I might have to dig up a bunch of the old books when I visit the folks for Christmas.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:46PM tavtav said

My hopes were dashed when I saw it's F2P. Not quite a deathknell, but dramatically reducing the likelihood of this game not sucking. Oh well...

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:49PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Sadly, I dont think this game will come to solid fruition.

I dont have ANY faith what-so-ever in their ability to produce a great game. (look at Duke Nukem forever, they purchased the game from another publisher, and released a half ass title) Considering how badly the same people who now run piranha games were responsible for face rolling Duke Nukem, with no developement, and basically taking credit for someone else's work.

Plus, they dont own the rights to publish the game in a digital medium. Jordan Wieisman, battletech and mechwarrior creator, who owns Smith & Tinker (who were going to release a Mechwarrior themed PC game before they were sued for use of the "unseen" mechs) Purchased back the digital rights back from microsoft to make his game, and its been years since its made any headway. Last I checked, Weisman wasnt about to re-lisence his money maker out to another third party to yet again prevent his own company from releasing its own game. That would be shooting themselves in the foot. Considering i've play tested the Alpha build for the S&T MW game, I find it highly unlikely this will become a legitamate product. S&T hasnt released any Press releases about Weisman giving up the rights.. so I gotta call BS on this whole MW F2P nonsense.