Posted: Oct 31st 2011 7:07PM bulldozerftw said

getting 70cents per average user and having more users then we make in a year is a win in my book. I thought this was some Chinese site where the "F2P" business model was superior.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 7:15PM bulldozerftw said

wait my bad I got it wrong that's the revenue from one quater not the profit its more like up 8 million from last year for a total of 50 million profit. err well that doesn't work out either so like 50 % profit per average user or something. Well atleast we got Paranormal Activity 3 making 81 Million in just a little over a week and that movie based on that boxer game from 10 years ago where you knock the other robots head off, red steel making 74 million in 4 weeks. But puss in boots which looks like a kids movie made like 34 million in a night. Seems to me these low budget mmos should just make the next blair witch project since we all know its about the money and not good art.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 7:25PM Pingles said

Zentia is currently my main MMO. Impressive game.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 12:42AM tooright said

I call B.S.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 4:26AM bobfish said

@tooright

The chinese market is over 200 million online gamers, it is bigger than North America and Europe combined for traditional MMO gaming (ignoring social gaming).

So it is entirely possible for them to be doing this kind of business.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 12:44AM Graill440 said

I have shook the hands of over 3 billion people on this planet. Prove me wrong.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 1:09AM (Unverified) said

ChangYou is popular in Asia. In the top ten gaming companies. Outside of Asia they are pretty much have no presence and not that many players play their games. If it was Chang You US alone, it would be a different story.
ChangYou US currently has:
Dragon Oath: Plays like a cheaper Perfect World
Zentia: Great game! Its a pretty hardcore PvP game despite the graphics
Sword Girls: In CB or soon? its a card game. haven't played it

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 2:33AM Channel84 said

I played their zentia online. One of the best mmo experience i had for quite a while now

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014