Posted: Oct 30th 2011 12:11PM (Unverified) said

Looks like a good patch from this preview. Olaf needs a little buffing to be a viable solo top. Shaco is still too high a risk for a non-carry reward and giving him a better chance as an assassin is fine.

They needed that Dominion change, I hate stomping for the first half and then struggling with the quick spawning enemy for the second. Its just strange and not exactly even.

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 1:09PM notinterested said

@(Unverified) Not only that but the losing team gets reduced death timers.

I like the idea of being able to come back but i dont like the idea of game mechanics basically handicapping the losing team to make it possible.

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 12:29PM Macabre 13 said

While I'm glad to see LoL getting more coverage, and I think this article is a great idea, it's a tad preemptive.

So far, all we have is the patch *preview* to go on. While it covers the general points of the coming patch, we have no numbers to go on, no hands-on with the new champion, and no idea what else is being changed (there's often several more changes that occur, not discussed in the preview). Kind of hard to have an opinion on it then, wouldn't you say?

Personally, I would post these the day of or day after the patch hits live. I think those interested would then have more to go on as far as discussions and opinions.

Either way, thanks for the coverage, and Shyvana will be a day-1 buy for me!

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 1:47PM Everfaust said

@(Unverified) ~ shako is very much like teemo... only great for certain team comps.

beyond that, graves now gets only 30 armor/MR after this patch.
*(they reduced it from 40-30)

while that is a good start, they also reduced his burst dmg on buckshot.
thus leveling out if not completely removing his early game dominance.

personally, I'm waiting to see what they'll be doing with the half dragon
champ ~ hope she's more unique then graves was *(Miss Fortune 2.0)

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 5:18AM Fingerrr said

lol... shaco buffs... shaco is already a pain to deal with if you don't toss money on oracles and such... he's like a twitch, but more annoying. I find Twitch easy to deal with, even if he has longer stealth. But shaco... you think you got him and then comes the jack in the box trick...
I also don't see how shaco has a good amount of trouble taking someone in 1 vs 1... he can have some of the highest attacks in-game if you attack from behind and have a sheen.
But I love poor Shaco players that just go toe to toe with guys like trynda and jax. Of course they get pwned.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 8:54AM Poohbum said

SHACO underused? maybe higher up but in average games I see him in most games

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 10:29AM epilepticemu said

Ok, so I just started playing LoL and I'm totally addicted. Glad to see Wu Kong getting a buff, because I'd like to give him more of a shot.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 1:15PM Resurge said

Wu Kong was already a fairly solid character ..especially in dominion. The buffs will help against experienced players who could actually tell if it was a decoy or a false-decoy play. Which sucked for sure, considering that is his main escape/trick attack maneuver. I never tried graves, so I'll take their word he needed a nerf.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 12:39AM Carol Liddle said

@Resurge He stops moving and he stops auto attacking, I find it really easy to tell when it's the decoy.
I mean the only 2 times you stop moving are you JUST got dc'd or your an illusion.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 12:43AM Carol Liddle said

I know the game isn't balanced with T.T. in mind, but damn shaco is going to be even more annoying, and AP shaco possibly much more useful late game.