Posted: Oct 31st 2011 2:43AM JuliusSeizure said

@(Unverified)

I don't call myself a brony because I don't feel any overt solidarity for other fans of the show or involvement in their social circles. If I did, I'd wear the brony badge with pride, but as things are it's just not fair of me to identify myself with that community. :)

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 8:44PM (Unverified) said

I'm going to force my raiders who do a bad job to play this game for a hour. You cause a wipe, go play ten minutes of my little pony!

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 9:44PM Utakata said

I hope some fans make an MMO out of Pokémon...

...well...that's not Blizz.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 12:18PM Space Cobra said

@Utakata

There are quite a few (MANY) such Pokemon MMOs currently out there that are not sponsored/supported by Nintendo and are fan made.

I think most use a game-boy/8-bit style game play and not 3-D engines.

Just do a google search.

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 9:56PM Nhoj1983 said

• 1 heart
No just.. no.. that's all I have to say.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 1:19AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
"but its popularity among an adult male crowd grew when it became a huge internet meme. "

too creepy for words

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 3:05AM mattwo said

I was unwarare massively covered fangames.

Is it really that much of a big deal?

As long as they don't fall through like a good deal of MMO fangames have in the past I have no arguments about them mentioning it.

I should point out that there have been several successful pokemon Fan-MMOs in spite of nintendo's stance on fangames. So you cover any of those?

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 7:52AM Gaugamela said

@mattwo
They also covered the World of Starcraft mod. Guess you haven't been to this site much.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 3:58PM mattwo said

@Gaugamela

Well I may point out a few things here:

1. That's kind of a big deal in any real MMO fan's eyes.

2. It's a mod.

3. It's actually NOT an MMO, just as none of the lame attempts at re-creating WoW in WC3 aren't.

That last part is the only thing that makes massively look bad.

Unless you consider that massively also covers a variety of Non-MMO topics.

Covering MLPFiM fan MMOs makes them look bad for a few reasons such as:

1. It's a fangame built by scratch.

2. The fans of FiM are heavily ridducled by closed minded morons who only serve to make themselves look stupid.

3. Point 2. still causes a good deal of conflict thus marking FiM as a highly controversial topic. It was for that very reason /b/ronies got banned from 4chan, to keep order. Not because 4chan is owned by trolls. Something I myself have a hard time believing.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 4:55AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
weirdos and creeps gonna flood the whole thing

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 5:48AM Jack Pipsam said

I can't wait!

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 6:58AM Fabius Bile said

ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 3:58PM mattwo said

WTF how the hell did I respond to the wrong comment.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 3:57PM mattwo said

Well I may point out a few things here:

1. That's kind of a big deal in any real MMO fan's eyes.

2. It's a mod.

That last part is the only thing that makes massively look bad.

Unless you consider that massively also covers a variety of Non-MMO topics.

Covering MLPFiM fan MMOs makes them look bad for a few reasons such as:

1. It's a fangame built by scratch.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 7:52AM Gaugamela said

Between this and the Power Rangers MMO I just had an imense laugh today.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 10:23AM tidalkraken said

Massively just got 20% cooler

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 12:24PM Space Cobra said

I don't watch the show, but this type of thing (males liking a show for females) is nothing new, especially in the twenty-something age-range.

If a show is well written and entertaining, it will attract a wide audience, no matter what the supposed targeted demographic was. I can point out many shows, especially live-action ones, that drew guys to watch a "show for girls" or a show starring a woman.

Really, if these "Brony fans" were watching trash like the first "My Little Pony" cartoon or Rainbow Brite, THEN I'd be VERY worried, however, these type of numbers just indicate well-written/well-rounded scripts and stories and character-development.

There is no "target demographic" for quality writing with fun and humor.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 5:16PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Bunch of insecure betas who wish these harmless ponies could be their manic pixie dream girl. The show has *NO* redeeming factors for any adult. Remember Ren and Stimpy? Beavis and Butthead? Rocko's Modern Life? The Simpsons? "kids" cartoons that had topicality, satire, depth? All lost on these generations. Pure trash.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014