Posted: Oct 29th 2011 9:08AM stealthrider said

Remeber, though, that you can't convert G1 credits back into dollars, so it's not technically "free." You still have to buy the credits.

However, this is easily the best deal you'll ever get in any F2P game. G1 did the same for APB back when they opened the cash shop, and it essentially let players that already knew they were going to pay try out the guns they wanted without fear of wasting credits.

If you plan on buying G1 credits, now is definitely the time!

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 9:47AM aurickle said

Yes, because it's a refund of the credits you must first have the credits in your account. So if your mount costs $15 worth of credits and you've never put any credits on your account you will have to do this before you can buy the mount.

This means that you're still paying GamersFirst your $15 NOW and you will not get that money back. If you never buy another thing from the store, you will have spent $15 for that mount. So you will eventually turn around and spend the remaining credits.

In effect, this is nothing more than a cleverly worded 2-for-1 sale.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 9:53AM aurickle said

Incidentally, the refund happens after the sale has ended. So if there are $45 worth of items you like in the store you have to buy $45 worth of G1 credits. You cannot buy $15 worth, get the first item and then use the refund to get the second and third items.

This is exactly like if WalMart were to advertise "100% Refund on Every Dollar Spent!" but when you go make your purchases they take your money and give you a rebate form. A couple of weeks later you receive a letter in the mail that contains a WalMart gift card for any money spent during the sale.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 10:34AM smartstep said

Well just a way to get people to spend money.

Best thing fpr game studio / owner is that producing cash shop items is one-time fee, usually done by already working employers so if really low cost. After that you just sell copies which does not cost a dime to make, nothing, null, zero.

So they can do all sorts of rebates.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 10:38AM BigAndShiny said

still it's a good deal because you get whatever you wanted for free and can then use the credits for other stuff later.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 10:44AM smartstep said

@BigAndShiny

Well it is not for free. It is more like you get 2$ per 1$ you spend.

So it is like 50% off.

So you buy now 10$ worth of points and spend on 10$ priced item.

Then in few days you get those 10$ in points back, but you cannot convert to money so you buy another 10$ thing.

So you get 20$ priced things for 10$.
Exactly same if you would buy something at 50% off. 20 $ -50% off = 10$ paid.

So nope not getting nothing for free. You just buy at discount in two 'phases'.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 11:20AM Barrikade said

As much as I enjoy Fallen Earth, I've never spent a dime on cash shop items and I never intend to. In any game. I hate the idea.

I know they have to make money somehow, so hopefully other people don't think the way I do!

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 1:05PM J45neoboy said

@Barrikade

So why not play a sub game instead? You support the game, AND you don't have to spend something on a cash shop.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 1:18PM pid said

@Barrikade That's why I subbed Wastelander(15$/mo) and enjoying it. What I don't like is the double dipping for the marketplace. As a subber I should have no need to go to the marketplace, so that these are two COMPLEMENTARY ways to participate. But sadly, it's not that way. Even if you sub, you can feel the need to spend money on the marketplace (like more bank slots and fashion slots). Furthermore, the "reward points" you get for subbing (300 per month) are not nearly enough to buy anything useful in the in-game reward vendor. like the core fashion slots cost 650, that means you can buy them only after 3 months of subbing at 15$... I think it's a bit harsh, the 15$ sub should deal a lot more reward points per month. Like Turbine does, where subbing gives you so much TPs you don't need to invest any more money than that. Turbine really shows good care, Fallen Earth is great and I'm lovin' it right now but just this tiny thing puts me a bit off.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 7:12PM wfseg said

I like these deals. Aeria used to do it with DOMO. Don't play FE, but if I did, I'll be splurging right now :P

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 11:07PM Vorender said

Having a great time with FE as always, but as a subber, I feel I shouldn't have to pay for things like wardrobe slots and extra bank space. At the very least, the wardrobe slots should be Account Unlocked.

The Stream Team: Firefall's farewell