Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:20PM jakofascalon said

Basically, nope! The only game I have stayed on with was EVE and then I was at least leveling skills. Even if its $10-$15 a month, I find it hard to pay for a game I'm not going to play. However, if ArenaNet had a donate option for Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, I would probably donate $15-$20 a month. It's why I have bought everything they have in their "cash shop".

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:29PM Cassius81 said

Have stayed subd to LOTRO when not playing and will continue to do so when playing TOR. it's an amazing game that deserves to continue even if I'm not playing it and I'm happy to keep supporting it even if I'm not playing.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:32PM StClair said

I still subscribe to Puzzle Pirates, though I rarely even log in these days, for two reasons: one, the long-term sub rate is just $50 for a full year, which is (relatively) cheap; and two, who knows, I might get the urge (and when I do, I want to be able to just jump right in, sail my ships, wear my clothes, etc).

I also stayed subbed to STO for a couple of months after I'd lost my initial enthusiasm and put it aside, to keep my forum posting privileges and because I might (and did) decide to log in and play sometimes. I finally canceled a few months ago, *before* the F2P announcement, when I heard that the rest of Season 4 was going to be delayed; I intended to come back at the start of November, which was when that content was then predicted to have gone live. Of course, since then everything has gone crazy, and I don't know if I'll end up resubscribing at all... maybe just stay Silver, fly around in the ships I've already got, and be a casual player.

Even with my main MMO, City of Heroes, there have been months where I don't play much. I've maintained my sub there to 1, keep the vet rewards piling up; 2, again, forum posting privileges; 3, again, because I might decide to come back to it at any time; and 4, because it'd be more of a hassle to cancel and then re-up.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:35PM Liltawen said

I did with Age of Conan. I liked it well enough but was more involved with other games-I stayed subbed because Trolls were so down on 'Failcom' that it irritated me so I figured I'd give them some extra time to bring Conan around.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:44PM (Unverified) said

nope dropped WoW shortly after Ghostcrawler took over. Oh sure i tried hanging on but when you have to relearn your class weekly because they are too lazy to give separate skillsets for pvp, or do boring dailies just for blue gear and 5 more reputations to grind, just for the chance to get into running 200 heroics for gear you're going to replace in the 100 raids you'll have to run, only to have to replace that gear in the next expansion that just about to come out right around the corner, you sortof look at the game with a new perspective, why am i here again? I've got a job, i don't need a second one. And don't get me started on how they've screwed engineers for years.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:45PM TheAngryIntern said

I was paying and not playing for a while, but a couple months ago finally cancelled my sub just before it renewed for another 3 months when I realized I hadn't even logged into the game in over a month.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:02PM SgtBaker1234556 said

Play = Sub = Support.

But sometimes there might be 1-2 month lag in this process before I realize I actually don't want to play the said game anymore.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:15PM Spacegrass said

No, I don't throw away money.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:37PM Space Cobra said

I used to. But that was mostly outta laziness or not knowing how to cancel my billing.

I am still lazy at billing (and so are, in my view, many other americans) so I try not to get in certain recurring plans unless I get notices and know how to stop certain plans.

Really, I don't do this as much anymore and when I do, it'd be for a set amount of time, like 6 months or so and I'll let it lapse after that if I don't play the MMO.

The closest thing I do in this regard per subs is snagging the lifetime sub plan. It's an early shot in the arm for them and does me good (I don't worry about continuous paying plans). Of course, some would argue about wasted money but meh, buy a console system or buy an MMO, that's my take on it. I can afford it for now.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:50PM drunkingamebar said

Nope.

But the kids have the tendency to quit, and not say anything for a few months or more, probably lots of parents pay for games their kids don't play or haven't played in ages.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:53PM Ardra Diva said

I've kept a sub going when i wanted a break from a game, but never just 'cuz i feel all generous and stuff....

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 2:11PM (Unverified) said

F* No
Why should I? I work hard for my cash, no reason to waste it on a game I dont want to play.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 3:27PM Mylamber said

The only MMO I have ever done this for is City of Heroes. I dearly love the game and still sub to it after 7 years! Even though about 2 years ago I only play it maybe 1 or 2 times a month for a couple of hours. However, since free to play, I think that suites my playtime much better.

It begs the question. Do MMO's loose their interest to even die hard fans after about a 5 year timespan? I tend to drop an MMO and go somewhere else after about 5 years.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 3:43PM KDolo said

Hahaha NO!

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 4:02PM Evi said

I used to. But when financial hardship hit my husband and I, I had to let luxuries like that go. The WoW/D3 deal is giving me pause now that we're in better circumstances. I just got a "come back for 14 days!" letter from WoW, so I'm going to try that first before dropping cash on a year's subscription. I occasionally miss the game and my husband misses playing it with me, so I'll give it another shot...

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 5:12PM ChaskaCF said

why is this even asked? why has the money to spend on a game your not even playing?

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 5:12PM ChaskaCF said

@ChaskaCF who*

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 5:22PM rockman0 said

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 6:13PM Mystal said

Nope. Not good enough to play? Not good enough to pay...

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 7:21PM scrubmonkey said

Nope. I was willing to do so for LotRO until I realized that they provide so little to VIPs that brand loyalty is quite literally the most expensive option, so I decided against it. After all, with so many MMOs going "freemium" it's a buyer's market right now. That's not even including the regular deals on Steam and the cheep indy games on X-box live and playstation network...

I'm finding it extremely easy to vote with my wallet nowadays. :)