Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:08PM Unshra said

...All I can say is that I am not in the least bit impressed. I think I will wait for PlanetSide 2.

The only good thing I can say about that trailer is that it gave me flashbacks of when I use to play Endless Ages.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:15PM Space Cobra said

In my view, trailer looks good, although some of the combat seems a bit standard, but that's just an outsider/viewer looking at it that's not participating.

Also, I've been very concerned about this, but it is the armor selection for Humans and Salients. The other race (I forget their name) seems to have a good variety of looks but the other two I mentioned have armor that sorta looks the same. I know we can color-customize them and I know you guys are trying to create certain looks for races and stick to them, but these two races need a bit more variety. Maybe slightly different helmets; I see different visors, and that's cool, but maybe a square helmet for medics and a triangular one for another class? Perhaps some shoulder pads of different designs for soldiers? Bigger boots?

Salients, I haven't seen too much armor and they seem to be energy based, so maybe concentrate of different energy/vapor forms?

You need more variations within some of the races.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:22PM (Unverified) said

I am calling it now. Best game of 2002

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:58PM (Unverified) said

All I could think of was Anarchy Online...

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 2:57PM pixledriven said

I very much want this game to be good.

They're trying to make "DAoC in SPAAAAAACE," how can that not be worth rooting for?

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 3:46PM Channel84 said

Graphic seem a bit too dated to compete with upcoming AAA title.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 3:50PM Malagarr said

Graphics do seem more than a bit out of date. That said, I guess if you're going for massive PvP battles you have to make sure you don't lock everyone's rigs up the moment combat starts.

Jury is still out on this one for me.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 4:01PM Keen and Graev said

Watch this afternoon's dev chat. They just showed us a video to highlight the UI customization (great, btw). The graphics and animations were better in the video shown this afternoon than the one here. I wouldn't judge them by an early beta video.

Prime uses the same engine as SWTOR, btw.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 4:18PM HiroProtagonist7 said

@Keen and Graev
so tabbed targeting then

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 5:02PM Violence Jack said

Looks like freshly laid dogsh*t! I admire people trying something different, but they need to try harder than this...

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 9:23PM Gaugamela said

Damn the graphics in this game are horrendous...
I am not usually that atracted to graphics since I favor gameplay over it but damn that looked 8 years outdated...

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 11:02PM Azaetos said

This game is looking promising. Having a couple of avid gamers like Warren and John at the helm doesn't hurt either. Makes a big difference when you have a couple of guys who seem to love gaming running things rather than accountants or marketing people.

From everything I have seen so far they are on the right path to create an engaging game. I'm definately looking forward to this one. The market in recent years has literally been flooded with crap MMO's and Prime is looking more and more like a AAA title.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 4:29AM Zethe said

My eyes! The googles do nothing!

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 6:31AM Ogged said

hehe, the title made me chuckle. After getting bored by Rise of Isengard, I went to start playing Wizardry 8 again.

Which happens to play on a planet called Dominus and you have to defuse a bomb which could destroy the planet.

So the "battle for Dominus" is an ancient thing which rages since 2001 :)

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 8:30AM JCSmith said

Imo performance is far more important looking cutting edge for an MMOG. MMOGs deal with a lot of factors that you don't have in a single player or a targeted audience (fps) game. Players want customization, and that adds a lot of texture swapping, morphing, etc. Those are slow operations. And the average MMO fan doesn't have the same style of cutting edge hardware that say your average FPS fan does.

Truth be told the MMOs that have tried to push the hardware have not fared well. So I guess I disagree on the whole graphics argument.

As far as gameplay, if they can deliver the PvP of DAoC then it will do okay.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 8:44AM Krogg said

Pitchblack, I love you guys. I want you guys to do well. I love what you are trying to do. I will play your game regardless of graphics, but please, for the love of God, take a step back and reevaluate the current look and feel. It looks and has a sense of something that was made 10 years go.

Posted: Oct 29th 2011 11:27AM Tom in VA said

I like a lot of the ideas associated with this game, and I am rooting for the developers. (As I did for Heatwave/Gods & Heroes, sigh. That turned out well.... : / )

However, sadly, if this game's primary focus is PvP, count me out. I am just not interested.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM