Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:00AM Vorender said

Instead of firing out servers left and right, I wish they'd add a character creator and some animations. Knees 4TW!

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 4:51AM Unverfied B said

@Vorender

They are working on it. There is a better bone animation system and visible armor that should hit the live client "soon". There is also positional voice system being tested right now.

Wurm is pretty much a garage project even compared to other indy games - Most server development is done by one guy, and the client is mostly developed by volunteers from the community.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 4:52AM Unverfied B said

@Vorender

That being said, the new servers are a good thing, the PVE side was getting severely overcrowded before Deliverance and Exodus opened up, and Epic will hopefully breathe new life into the PVP side, as it's currently slowly dying from stagnation.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 5:29AM pcgneurotic said

@Vorender

What B said. In fact, getting a new server out of them has been a top wish for a number of years now. Getting even this one, special ruleset server, has been like getting blood from a stone. I'd rather they just made another regular world type server and let us get on with the construction and community building elements without all the gods stuff.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 10:19AM Yukon Sam said

I wish them luck. My gut-level feeling is that this is going to further depopulate Wild without maintaining the critical mass for the system to really work well on Epic. But I hope I'm wrong and that it's an unqualified success for people who enjoy this style of play.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 10:54AM (Unverified) said

More servers spread out the player base too so that there will be more of a 'survival' feel rather than a 'find an flat spot that isn't taken' feel.

I might try it out as I love Wurm for what it is, but I just hope that premium players who can create kingdoms don't become overlords.