Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:15PM Lenn said

It does indeed look like "it's gonna be bleeping cool". Can't wait to try this out. Anyone here who read the books? Worth looking into?

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:46PM KureAc said

I was suprised a few months ago when i heard of this game coming out and i've read a book of otherlands and others by the same author:P the title sounds like it'l have great space to throw some really creative work out there

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:53PM Space Cobra said

Okay, it might have more potential than what was previously revealed.

What concerns me is the above article mentions "console backgrounds" and the video mentions "offline backgrounds". Nothing too wrong with putting such an experience online, but there have been some attempts, especially recent ones, that have, IMO, simplified gameplay coming from a console perspective (and we've heard all the "wars" over "consoles vs. PCs").

Just wondering if they are really going to "push" things differently or take simplified console/offline elements. Now, they can make a fun game, but I've seen parts of a game be "fun" while other areas lacked depth (DCUO is an example).

Also, they should consider putting in very different player models, even alien or animals (Oh no! Pandas are invading! I didn't mean that!!! I meant Llamas! A Llama with a machine gun or a Penguin with a Laser would be "Aces" for me!)

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 7:48PM deejrandom said

@Space Cobra The player models will be user customizable. The player will be able to basically collect 'parts' to make his Avatar look how he wants as he travels through different worlds. The Devs refer to this as 'edna' I believe. Basically every user starts with a featureless, human like Avatar and can create their own 'look' later.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:22AM Space Cobra said

@deejrandom

So, if I wanted a 4 legged model, say a standard dog that wears clothing, that walks on all fours, I could have such a model? What about size of models? Can I have a big dog or small one at my choosing?

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny