Posted: Oct 27th 2011 11:53AM Space Cobra said

"Fiddlesticks!", says I !

(And no one will get that joke...)

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 11:59AM Mallot said

I admit to being a little disappointed that the birthday "surprise" was something to buy. The skin does seem pretty cool, tho.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 12:30PM hellay said

SUPRISE! You get to give us more money!

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:04PM (Unverified) said

@hellay

Ya kind of a downer for a present. Something like a token for 1 free skin of our choosing would've cool. Then again since it is their birthday, then maybe we should actually be the ones giving them a gift 0.o?

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:07PM hellay said

@(Unverified)

I agree to a certain extent. The thing that they fail to realize is that it's our endless wallets that have supplied them and helped them survive for 2 years. I think that the community should get something since we are the ones that breathe life into the game.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:24PM (Unverified) said

@hellay

Oh, they definitely realize it. They treat their customers extremely well.
Last night, I got an email that said, "We noticed you purchased Jarvan about a week before we announced the Season 1 rewards (Free Jarvan skin)."

It went on to say: "Please accept this refund for the price you paid."

I was shocked - It never occurred to me that I even deserved a refund, but they handed it out without me even asking.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:54PM hellay said

@(Unverified)

I don't disagree. :-P I've had that happen plenty of times. I mean hell i have buddies who work at Riot myself so I'm not trashing them, but I just think that it's pretty anti climactic don't you?

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:57PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

heh, that's pretty cool. They definitely the best payment model as far as the FTP games go, which probably explains why I've spent more money with them than with any other FTP.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 12:40PM chrisredfield31 said

lol! It's pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Shouldn't they have given us a skin for another more popular character besides Fiddlesticks?

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 1:28PM KnocG said

@chrisredfield31 Well the community designed the skin, not necessarily for the anniversary. Someone posted the concept 4 months ago. People started posting up artwork for it. It got over ten thousand "likes", yes" votes and replies so riot added it.

"It's hard to believe that what started as a bunch of friends screaming surprise into vent when fiddles ulted in has turned into this."

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 7:17PM n3verendR said

Oh you guys complaining about having to pay for Cakestorm...

Fact is, Birthday Surprise Fiddle was a suggestion from the community that got such a positive feedback rating and so many people said they would buy it, why is it any surprise that they are charging for it? They had more than a thousand people already committed to it.

Happy Birthday Riot, now take peoples birthday present to you.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:16AM Tezcatli said

So many people act like it's their own birthday and deserve free things. But at the same time just selling us a skin is not very fun. It would have been nice if they did some kind of event somehow or just something. Like all champs unlocked for the day.