Posted: Oct 27th 2011 6:41PM The Grand Nagus said

"Now, in all honesty, this change has easily become one of the most debated topics on the forums ever"

I think "debate" implies there are some who are in favor of it. While I have admittedly seen one or two people who like it, they are in such a small minority that I dont think its an actual "debate". There is an almost universal cry out against the crafting changes, so its not really a "debate" going on.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 7:59PM StClair said

The Nagus speaks truth.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 8:23PM (Unverified) said

@The Grand Nagus The topic is still in debate. Cryptic is for it (at this time) and players are against it :)

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 9:22PM The Grand Nagus said

@(Unverified) Except Cryptic isnt responding to the feedback they have been getting in numerous threads since the crafting changes were announced. Doesnt a debate require two sides both presenting counter arguments? All you have is one side(the players) talking about how much they dont like it. Thats not a debate.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 1:28AM StClair said

I strongly suspect that this is being handed down from on high by the new owners and is not /up/ for debate.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the announcement that they'll be selling dilithium for cash, outright.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 7:41PM xilr said

Cant rule out the 2 guys on the forums in favor of these changes might be trolls or plants. The same two guys are defending this nonsense in every post.

I wasnt a cryptic hater. I loved STO. Its still an awesome game on the live server, but the test server is just another downright criminal Perfect World cash grab. Rather than going over all the reasons why, I'll link the best (and very fair) post on it. He details each change current subscribers will see, its UGLY.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 8:33PM Ghostspeaker said

@xilr

That is indeed a very fair post, thanks for linking to it. The only thing I'd point out is that the Relentless Nerf should probably go in "Uncertain Changes" since we're not sure what they're going to replace it with. It might end up being better than the Emblems.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 8:29PM (Unverified) said

Wondering if anyone knows why.....

If City of Heroes, Fallen Earth AND DC Universe Online ALL accounced they would be going F2p BEFORE Star Trek Online did, how the heck is STO still not released as F2p yet???

I can understand taking your time, but wow!

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 8:50PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

The STO F2P announcement was "leaked" ahead of schedule.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 8:43PM Ghostspeaker said

Um, yeah, I'm with the community on this one. The economy already has a practically unlimited dilithium sink with the dilithium C-Point exchange. It doesn't need another one. Especially considering the C-Store price jumps.

I'm also not a huge fan of the whole time-gating thing for dilithium. It'd be completely appropriate to slow down Silver members' accumulation of wealth, but limiting paying subscribers that way? Really?

If Cryptic is wanting the existing playerbase to be excited about the transition they're doing it wrong.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 10:04PM seannewboy said

Put me down for another vote against dil crafting.

Great Article though.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:50AM Space Cobra said

Was thinking about this article when I was reading the article linked below.

Re : "Hello Computer!"

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 3:52AM Lorell said

Thanks for nice list of things currently under testing / debating / updating. :) Nice to know that is currently going on!

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 7:24PM kitsuneshoujo said

Everytime I read about changes for this game all I can hear in the back ground is "DOOOOOOOOOOM" loud and eath-shaking..

PAX Prime 2014: Strife learns from the past