Posted: Oct 27th 2011 7:04PM Mystal said

"We prefer the 'no one plays' model," said Morhaime, "so that's what all of our design is striving for. If you look at our track record over the past several years I think we've been pretty successful so far, but we still have a way to go."

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:43AM SaintV said

Not right for WoW because they will not have the luxury of using the sub numbers as a marketing tool.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 3:46AM (Unverified) said

Pandas or not monks or not, still won't ever get me to pay a sub fee ever again. It's too costly, they never use the money for content like they should and they cease innovation right after launch of every expansion even tho they have pleanty of room for it in every game especially in the UI department. Just not worth it.

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 1:02PM darcwolf said

If wow goes f2p I will quit, Ive played those type of MMOs before and if you are a serious gamer and want to be the best you spend more money on a free game than a paid game.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 10:53AM (Unverified) said

Even if Blizzard has lost 2 million subs in the past year, they still have around 10 million active subs. Any MMO studio that would convert a game with 10 million active subs into a F2P title should be taken out and shot. They'd be insane and stupid beyond measure.

F2P is what you do when you can't get enough active subs to make money. Yes, I know it's a perfectly viable business strategy, but I promise you this. Any game company that tells you they would rather be F2P with their MMO than have 10 million active subs will lie to you about OTHER things, also.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 2:32AM Graill440 said

The topic wasnt even worth reading.

I would state the obvious but it would only start a class war, between those that can afford games and those that cannot.

I will restate, there is no free to play, there is only feel free to pay more than you would with a subscription game, they are FFTPMTYWWASG.

Misleading tripe that certain demographics gobble up. The game companies espousing F2P love you types. Like the naked king said "like my new clothes?"