Posted: Oct 26th 2011 6:17PM real65rcncom said

"After dining on enough beef brisket to feed an army of hungry cowboys.."

dammit.. now I'm hungry.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 6:34PM Vandal said

I don't quite follow the comments on post-launch content. MMO players are much more tolerant to post-launch content and subscription-based MMO players view post-launch content as mandatory. I seldom recall MMO players complaining about updates, it's usually lack of them.

Also does the amount of free days one can accumulate with RIFT's various offers really cut into a significant percent of a year long subscription? Aren't they usually meant as ways to draw players back who have stopped playing? Surely a couple of free weekends are worth it if they result in even a one month renewal.

Also I have to ask were you eating Ironworks BBQ by the convention center or did you get to try other places?

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 7:42PM Karen Bryan said

@Vandal

For lunch, in between panels and interviews, I ran over to Ironworks for a brisket sandwich. But I also had a chance to eat at the Moonshine Bar and Grill (had some awesome broiled trout), and a great little restaurant called Koriente. Wish I could have stayed longer, because there were a few other restaurants I wanted to try!

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 6:51PM J45neoboy said

I do believe Rift will go free to play within the next year which is sad of course as I was a long time supporter of the game and still am even though I no longer choose to pay for a sub.
Right now I support games like Aion and will soon be supporting Tera and The Secret World with my money.

Rift, I wish you the best of luck my little its-not-really-a-cash-shop friend!

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 6:57PM Graill440 said

MMMM, brisket. Now i will have to have my brother smoke some ribs this weekend, muwahahaha.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 7:29PM Spacegrass said

I kind of hope Rift does go free-to-play; if so, I might start playing again after I get burned out on SWTOR.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 7:42PM J45neoboy said

@Spacegrass

If Rift goes free to play, I will definitely never return. I would just hate to see how that would be like.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 5:38AM Gaugamela said

@Spacegrass

People have been estimating Rift going free-to-play since it launched. Still didn't happen and I doubt it will.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 9:57PM (Unverified) said

Went to reactivate my account last week to see how things are now to find out they deleted my account for whatever reason. Maybe tonight I'll motivate myself to do all the crap they need me to send them just to see if they'll restore it.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 12:51AM Skyydragonn said

Rift is a good solid game, it reminded me of just what WoW was during its first two years, though Rift was MUCH smoother when i played than WoW in its first year. I can definately see Rift having some serious long term staying power as a sub based game. I'm sure they'll eventually follow in WoW's footsteps for microtransactions like mounts etc. Overall its good to see another solid subscription based game out there.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 12:56AM DennisIsAwesome said

SIGH screw mmo's im just going to wait till TITAN comes out...i almost got another 6months on RIFT and now i read this. Not playing the popularity game with my wallet anymore GOODBYE GENRE of only one viable game,*you know what it is*

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 9:17AM fallwind said

@DennisIsAwesome

can I have your gold?

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 6:20PM DennisIsAwesome said

@fallwind thats what she said!

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM