Posted: Oct 27th 2011 3:21AM bobfish said

So... why doesn't he just post it on the net like all the other MMO guides?

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 4:13AM Graill440 said

I bet he will make a mint and hit the forbes list at some time in the future. I can see his cost to manufacture and distribute verse the multitudes that will buy his book will make him a millionaire easily.

Omg?! is it sarcasm day today? Yay!!!

Only posers use the term leadership and gaming together. Use the term guide as you should.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 4:16AM Graill440 said

A quick note, i am not one to stifle creative entrepreneurship. I wish him all the best in his goal. Seriously.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 9:19AM Fabius Bile said

Im also looking for donators to help me fund my own business project, and I promise I wont share the profits with absolutly anyone if it succeeds

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 9:28AM tooright said

Lame , just totally lame

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 9:46AM epilepticemu said

While I do work in book publishing, I don't think it requires an insider's experience to know "that's not how it works."

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 10:07AM Spaminacan said

The more questionable aspect of this, IMHO, is why Massively decided it was worth giving free advertising to the author?

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 10:57AM SnarlingWolf said

So..... his first book did so well that he doesn't have $4000 to publish a next book?

And he expects the second book to do so poorly that he doesn't want to put in $4000 of his own money due to not expecting to get it back?

Has he also never heard of E-publishing, who's costs are free (Amazon and others simply take a piece of the sale)?

All around this guy...... I'll refrain from saying anything else or asking why Massively wrote this.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 7:55PM Vandal said

Who the heck cares?

@SnarlingWolf All excellent points.. If the first book had any kind of success, a sequel wouldn't need a fund-raising drive.

Your last point in particular deserves some contemplation.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 10:21AM (Unverified) said

lol, the cynic brigade strikes fast and hard. :)

It takes money to promote a book properly, and to create a book with art that is worth looking at. E-Publishing may be free, but the actual creation of the printed form of the book is not the only element. Adam is getting other people involved with art, and he will need help promoting the book, printing comp copies for review, etc.

Also, there are some cool "prizes" for various donation levels so you will get something neat for the donation.

He chose this route to see how it would work, and it can be done this way and often is. I would assume that Massively chose to promote this because Adam is a good guy doing good stuff in the world of MMOs and he has a unique project with a unique approach.

Whether you support that is your own choice.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM