Posted: Oct 27th 2011 12:52AM Utakata said

@TheClaw

I must admit as much as I am horrified and disturbed by the Blizz's announcements regarding WoW's next expansion as anyone else here, I am starting to get weary at some of the anti-Asian and anti-furry bent some of these criticisms are taking. It suggests an underlying issue of intolerance, ignorance and perhaps even bigotry. Knock it off folks. And keep to yourselves please. Thx!

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 5:05PM Tezcatli said

I know it's about the expansion. But if I could. I would ask when the cuss are they gonna merge the dead server I'm on. Or the other dead servers. Or do they honestly think that the new expansion is gonna somehow breed new life into them? Because cata certainly didn't do that.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 7:36PM Lucidus said

@Tezcatli Hey man, there are 11 MILLION subscribers. Maybe they're just hiding on your server somewhere.

Posted: Oct 28th 2011 12:25AM Tezcatli said

@Lucidus They must be experts at hiding because the server is pretty freaking dead. Even the trolls don't speak in trade! D:

I can understand if blizz won't admit it needs to merge servers. But they aren't even allowing free transfers from high pops to low pops. Course that hardly seems to work. Since people show up and realize the server is dead, then just transfer.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 8:30PM Malagarr said

It's really quite simple:

If you do not like the direction Blizzard is taking with Mists of Pandaria, go cancel your WoW account.

If you do like it, make sure you renew.

Really, there are plenty of other MMOs out there. If people leave WoW in droves, Blizzard will realize they made a mistake. If people stick with WoW, or if their sub base increases, they'll know they are headed the right direction.

I'm not saying don't complain. By all means, vent your frustrations or defend Blizzard as you see fit, but just don't expect anything you say here or anywhere else to change Blizzard's mind about this expansion. Talk is cheap. Put your money where your mouth is.

Just my two coppers.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 9:44PM goatman said

@Malagarr Already cancelled and not alone several friends and guildies have decided its not for them . we are going to play starwars instead untill it has playable ewoks .

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 3:07AM (Unverified) said

just like RL china will take over america.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 3:16AM (Unverified) said

So the world of warcraft universe lore was all of a sudden got invaded by jack black's kungfu panda...

wth!
I think Thrall is a laughing stock now

All of the WoW heroes, you got your retirement in the making.

WoWis no longer a serious business. move on people.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 10:39AM (Unverified) said

LOL.

They are scared because almost every 18+ year old who plays WoW saw that trailer and was like "Why are they replacing WoW with Maple Story?"

Massive spin control.

I thought Wrath was bad compared to the greatness of BC and Vanilla, but Cataclysm and now Panda bear land are abominations as that game bears no semblance of its former greatness whatsoever.

ToR is going to kill this game on 12/20 if Rift doesn't do it before that. Rift is superior to WoW in every single way.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 12:00PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) You know, considering Wrath had (via consensus) one of the best raids in the entire game created during its reign (Ulduar), I'm very surprised people crap on it all the time. It wasn't good in other areas (i.e. naxx, ToC) but it had many, many qualities that made it worthwhile.

It was also Blizzard's first attempt to truly improve the artwork of the game in a substantial way. We saw them progress a little visually in BC but in Wrath they truly had pushed the artwork way past its initial limitations. The texture work, character designs and themes presented in Wrath were really, really solid and cohesive. Mechanically it wasn't everyone's cup of tea but it certainly had its moments.

This is coming from someone who still runs Ulduar weekly for the pure bliss of that raid, so perhaps I'm biased ;).

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 10:39AM (Unverified) said

Also:

"Pedobear's Doom Cuddle crits your for 90000 hugs."

Pandaren mount is going to be a unicorn that leaves a trail of rainbows behind it.

Posted: Oct 27th 2011 12:11PM (Unverified) said

Most people didn't push bleeding edge pre 2.4 in BC like I did. I'm not trying to be a jerk (I quit WoW after I killed heroic Nef a long, long time ago) but simply point out that guilds and competent 25 man teams were far, far more important in BC than at any point in Wrath.

Granted, looking back, I loved how easy it was to gear up my alts in Wrath and how plentiful GDKPs were, but it was still not at the level that Burning Crusade was.

The Kael, Vashj, pre-nerf Mag, pre-nerf Gruul, basically all of Karazhan and multiple other encounters not at those levels of difficulty but interesting none-the-less are simply some of the best boss fights ever made.

Granted, even they ran out of gas in BT and Hyjal, but Sunwell did renew that as did Bear runs 1.0 in ZA to a certain degree.

There was a much higher level of immersion in BC. Your gear choices were much more important, certain drops (the caster blade off Prince Malchezaar?), and even some PVP would in some cases last you straight through into BT or TK, which is cool.

So would some crafted gear (Frozen Shadowweave).

I don't know, but back then there seemed to be much more focus on WoW as an RPG and innately difficult raid bosses that didn't require you to flip a switch. Sunwell was insanely difficult, for instance.

/shrug.

Rift has a lot of BC in it.

But no game has nailed the quality of PVP that still exists in WoW, but again, I thought it was better back then, too.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014