Posted: Oct 25th 2011 6:43PM BigAndShiny said

I wish they made MMOs worlds again.

An the thing is, it's not mutually exclusive to themepark. It is very possible to make a themepark game with a world you 'want' to be in. Bu it would just be nice to have a game where I might log on for an evening just to chat to the guild and go find a nice ingame view/sunset, rather than just raid/dungeon/level.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 6:56PM J45neoboy said

I would love Elder Scroll style questing in a MMO in the sense where there's no quest markers to show you where to go find things or who you go to for quests. It's just pure exploration that will get you to places and discover things.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 8:21PM jakofascalon said

@J45neoboy WoW used to be that way, and to be quite honest I hated it.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 9:33PM J45neoboy said

@jakofascalon

Why is that? It seems perfectly reasonable. Of course, I only played WoW a year prior to the implementation of the giant circles on the map :P

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 12:30AM jakofascalon said

@J45neoboy Ya I hated it. Mainly because the quests would give you a vague description of where you needed to go. Then some of the mobs would be roaming so you had to find them once you were in their vicinity which was an even bigger pain. Ugh.. my stress level just went up a degree thinking about it. Hahaha.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 1:28AM Graill440 said

If i am not mistaken, Amazon still has some old ac2 stuff for sale. To those looking for nastalgia.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 7:14AM KureAc said

Human defender, and lugian raider had the knock back attacks that were very enjoyable in certain places :P if you were looking to knock ppl off cliffs :D
I played the tactician/sage/raider/juggernaut class with my lugian all being very diverse and enjoyable,

By far I miss tactician the most also he might of been a sitting duck in terms of pvp but he was really viable for team fights, and great soloing potential :D , one smaller turret, one big turret, ice wall,fire wall, stone,ammo types :D
I'l keep the rest of my hype on the lost company website :P

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 8:31AM (Unverified) said

@KureAc
actually it was slough field, xD poison damage once you upgraded it.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 8:30AM (Unverified) said

HOLY SHIT!! ADV SHO WOLF!?!?! I USE TO PLAY WITH YOU. holy shit dude I'm nostalgiaing so bad.

I've spent every waking hour since the fall of ac2 trying to find another tactician.

I played a lugian who switched from tactician to elementalist with swords and I dabbled in the guy who through giant ass boulders.

Please bring back ac2 and just change the name! God I love this article so much right now.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 11:52AM Barri said

Yeah I have to say one of best things about AC2 is the community and the game world. You never felt pressured that you had to reach MAX lvl to have fun. Could just log on chill maybe do a quest or 2 or get chased by some badass mob.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 4:25PM IolantheTSW said

I wish I knew this was going to be posted... I would have contributed!

AC2 was my first srsface PvP game. I was Iolanthe on Darktide. A Human Defender.

I played other MMO's before AC2... but I finally let myself really embrace the genre with AC2 (and then, Funcom's AO)... and despite the game having really spectacular flaws, I had a lot of fun in the game. Funny thing about it, though, was that the fun of the game was only because of the community. We created our own content... war games, political intrigue, territory camping.... it was all very serious on Darktide. I find myself very nostalgic of those days... perhaps, not of the game... but of the fun I remember having as a result of the people within the game.

Posted: Oct 26th 2011 7:52PM dakre18 said

@STEVEJAYb

Yeah Adv Sho Wolf was my character, I still play on Frostfell on AC1, and still wish I could play AC2 at the same time. I saw that the first articles were posted from Lost Company, and I would suggest everyone join it just to keep the spirit alive!

WRUP: Queue zen