Posted: Oct 25th 2011 8:12AM (Unverified) said

As always, I will be having fun in LOTRO during the Fall Festival. Lots of nooks and crannies of the Haunted Burrow to explore, and some sweet cosmetics to work on getting.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 8:36AM Thorqemada said

• Half a heart
Helloween is outside of my cultural tradition and i feel its cultural colonialism to force helloween events upon me so i fully negelct participating such things.

;)

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 10:01AM Avernus said

@Thorqemada

I'm Hindu, but Hallloween is awesome. Absolutely participating in RL and in City of Heroes. Vamped out my toons costumes and everything.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 12:24PM Saker said

@Thorqemada It's cultural Halloweenism!

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 8:42AM Sephirah said

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 8:55AM Lucidus said

Heck yeah, Hallowe'en is the best holiday ever. And nothing beats a well crafted MMO holiday. Even when cultural imperialism chains me to my computer and forces me to do it!

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 9:09AM real65rcncom said

Nah, I don't do Halloween IRL so I'm sure as heck not doing it in a video game.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 9:21AM mmogaddict said

Australian here, no such thing as Halloween here so I don't really bother with it in any of my MMORPG's.

Actually I really wish SOME MMORPG's would drop those 'holiday' events that don't make any sense in their worlds.

I hope EAware don't chuck any of this sort of stuff in SWTOR but given they are giving us Huttball I do fear for this sort of crap being in there too.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 9:29AM saudrapsmann said

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 9:37AM Faryon said

If I have time to take a few hours break from studying for my exams, maybe.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 10:19AM DataShade said

Probably not; I haven't had time to log into an MMO and do anything other than check mail since my daughter was born. It's a little harder to ignore wife aggro/harder to justify your playtime when you know the wife has a few lapsed subscriptions and neglected max-level characters of her own.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 10:25AM Arkanaloth said

indeed I shall. Halloween falling on a monday works out well for me this year with regard to getting in on some game holiday activities.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 11:49AM smartstep said

I will not. Not in this year. Not playing any mmorpg's atm.

Either they have freemium or f2p model I cannot stand anymore (played in past) or they do not suit my tastes (WoW, Rift).

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 12:30PM Saker said

If only there were some MMO's I even felt a desire to play these days. Would have loved to have tried AoC Halloween thing but found out it requires you to be like level 40 to have a chance (I don't have any characters higher then 20's). What a stupid thing for them to do... Pretty much a no-brainer that a holiday event should be available to all levels. EQ2 pretty much nothing but recycled event from how many years back? Basically bored to tears with that game and how Wow-ified it's become anyway.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 12:42PM jakofascalon said

Oh yes! In Guild Wars, Halloween and the Wintersday stuff is probably some of my favorite content, especially Wintersday. And this year Arena Net has added a Halloween dungeon with a leader board for time spent in to make it competitive so it's pretty epic so far. Also, Costume Brawl is always fun!

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 12:55PM El Furioso said

The new Haunted House Trial in City of Heroes is fantastic. Wouldn't miss it for anything.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 1:18PM Tom in VA said

No. I wish I could turn them off, in fact.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 2:14PM DeadlyAccurate said

Did all the EQ2 ones for my iksar necromancer. The Halloween-related housing objects are perfect for her death house.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 8:53PM donweel said

Lotro was fun last year, nothing else comes to mind.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 11:47PM demonlife said

I'll be too busy making burnt offerings to Baal'Zebul this fine holiday season. No time for silly games! Serious business!
| 1 | 2 |

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM