Posted: Oct 24th 2011 3:13PM Lucidus said

But can they top kitty ears and steampunk goggles this year?

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 6:06PM shodannet said

@Lucidus I still remember the giant "W... T... F!?" when people first got it. I thought it suited my female elementalist and ritualist quite well, and the goggles makes my male warrior a little Final Fantasy (with the random unnecessary accessories) but man did those items peeve people

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 3:22PM Seldra said

Lol best thing about the Lunatic Finery was the "Drum butt" ruffle.

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 3:32PM Jeromai said

Costume brawl! Costume brawl! I greatly enjoy that format of PvP.

Every class has the one skill bar, distilling the playing field down to player skill, teamwork and a sizeable helping of luck (that your teammate(s) aren't idiots or the opposing teams' is.)

When things go well, you can feel the team mesh beautifully, and when things don't go well, you can blame the guy who gave up early (or never started the fight to begin with) or just acknowledge the other team was a lot more coordinated than yours was, and not feel completely outclassed.

Matches are short and sweet, repeatably addictive if you won, and painless to forget if you lost and jump back in the next second.

And it's not just all about the kills, there's some objective-based control point stuff to add to the strategy. Straight up deathmatches never really appeal to me.

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 4:50PM VixWars said

I will agree with you Rubi, Anet throws the BEST Halloween in game festivities! The spirit and energy in the game ratchets up to another level. It's a great time to game.

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 4:55PM Gamewench said

Love the event where you turn into a candy corn person rofl =)
Nom nom nom

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 8:10PM Graill440 said

The "R" key? *snicker*

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 11:47PM Mikx said

I kind of like that they're getting double duty from some of the costumes and using gw2 designs, this one is probably the most obvious since its a gw2 necro elite.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 3:04AM moiax said

My favorite -
Q: How are a Paragon and a drunkard alike?

A: Both like to shout at strangers and run around without any pants.

More than any holiday in GW (or any other game) I love Halloween the best. The quests, the towns, the hats, and Mad King's event are all fun. I really like the Ravenheart's Gaze too, and I will say that I too was a bit surprised by the costume's.....proportions.

Now time to grind Every Bit Helps until I'm drowning in ToT bags. Wooooo.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 2:18PM Ocho said

There are a lot of Halloween events out there, but Guild Wars has the best, imo. Quests that are actually difficult and all the frills that go along with a holiday event. I had a blast last year, and plan to have a blast this year. :)

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014