Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 10:38AM Gascogne said

Not getting much playtime this weekend, several friends have computer problems that needs to be fixed. (more fun to play together ;) )
And when I get some break from fixing computes I try and spend some time in World of Tanks.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:09AM Pingles said

Back into Zentia again. Recently purchased three sub games but each I think has lost me for different reasons. When I log on I am always wishing I was logging into my trusty casual F2P, Zentia.

Posted: Oct 23rd 2011 8:10PM Beau Hindman said

@Pingles I need to jump back into that one, I loved it. Been a while.

Beau

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:14AM (Unverified) said

Blizz new expansion has me loling all the way to SWTOR :D

Posted: Oct 23rd 2011 4:04AM Everfaust said

@(Unverified) really? cause SWTOR looks and plays just like another WoW expansion.

so really, you're just trading one "version update" for another.

it's really sad too, had a lot of hope for SW... all were crushed hard
once I got into the beta and actually played the game X_x

Posted: Oct 23rd 2011 2:09PM (Unverified) said

@Everfaust

Yup really- I have my own personal onion from my own experience with SWTOR- so.. YEAH, lol all the way!

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:46AM belgeode said

Well you can tell Rubi for me, that I made it past "The Ruins of Morah" finally... Only took me a few days to figure it out after I got her advice.

This weekend I am in working musician mode, as I gig tonight, and practice again tomorrow with the other band I am in (yes, two bands). I am however right now updated EvE online. They may have hooked me back in with the really really cheap "come back to us" line. I'll be damned if I am going to buy a monocle though.

If I have time, I will probably do some flying online in Microsoft Flight Sim X... But I expect between music, guild wars, and eve, this weekend is booked.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:58AM redsolar said

Working my way through Sector 3 in Fallen Earth.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 12:02PM MMOaddict said

New expansion announcement from Blizzard oddly enough has me intrigued and wanting to hop back in the game. It's better than the alternative of logging in to the SWTOR beta and twiddling my thumbs since that is more fun than actually trying to progress in the game itself. major disappointment with SWTOR.

I prefer leveling solo. People are annoying, rushing about, not reading quests, always going in a direction opposite from me, it's just not worth the hassle. FFXI is the ONLY game I enjoyed leveling in a party in and that was only up to about level 55 ish, when it took far too long to get worthwhile xp.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 1:51PM Rho said

I'm reserving judgement on Mists of Pandaria. I'm not really following all the news coming out of Blizzcon this year, so I don't know enough about all the announced features (even though I did read that bullet-point list of what's being planned) or how Blizzard is ultimately going to implement them. My first reaction was to laugh - not in a spiteful or malicious way, but in a tickled sort of way. It does seem a bit silly to include that particular new race after the more serious tone of Cataclysm, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. Personally, I don't think it is and I'm a bit eager to see what the new class will turn out like. I'll just wait and see, like I have and am with other games and other expansions.

As for my plans, I'll be back in Guild Wars for some Halloween quests and working on the new Dervish I made a week ago. I also dug Oblivion out of my closet, so I'll probably roll through the Shivering Isles with a low-level character for laughs. (Hail Sheogorath!) I hope Skyrim is as much fun for me as Morrowind and Oblivion were.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 3:30PM Tom in VA said

I honestly thought the MoP trailer WoW just released was a prank when I first saw it. All I could think of was Po from Kung-Fu Panda. I mean, seriously. I'd rather play a Wolvar or a Tuskar (from WoLK) than a panda.

That said, however, I DO like the idea of the Monk class, and the Pandaran zones also looked nice. The best thing about the expansion, though, was the ability to name your mini-pets. I'd go back to the game just for that -- and I don't think I'll have to buy the expansion for either feature.

I'm back in WoW at the moment, leveling up a few noobie toons through the revamped level 1-60 zones. It's actually been pretty fun.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 3:57PM Utakata said

@Tom in VA

Just off the side...I had this RP theory that Wolvar where infact Gnome Worgen.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 4:34PM Hurbster said

I'm excited by the new WoW expansion, looks good. So many other changes occouring as well.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 5:00PM yeppers said

Mmmm.... Orange Chicken.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 6:01PM Laephis said

WoW's "Panda Express" has actually made SWTOR a lot more interesting and exciting to me.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 7:04PM (Unverified) said

i take it blizz must be failing ove rin china or they wouldve never went ahead with this expansion

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 7:58PM Nucleon said

WoW anti-fanbois never cease to amaze. With Cataclysm: "Too serious", "not enough content at max level", "no changes to gameplay", "too hard", "same ol, same ol". Yet MoP looks to add more max-level content and things to do than *any* expansion so far. A new class, a new race, drastic over hauls to the talent system. And now people complain, about what?

99% of the complaints so far consist of. "Seriously?", "WTF were they thinking". Nothing actually fact based or based on a specific mechanic. No, just blatant anti-fanboism. I'm sorry, but both spectrums are equally annoying.

Is it next-gen? No. Is it an improvement, yes.

Posted: Oct 23rd 2011 12:52AM NothingShocking said

@Nucleon Thank you for having a level headed, reasonable opinion. It's nice to see. :)

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 6:19AM Pibu said

@Nucleon

You can never satisfy the MMO crowd. You are always doing something/everything wrong.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:57PM Allegos said

My reaction wasn't, "oh, that's neat."

My reaction was, "oh, thank God. They're finally leaving the RTS games in the past and doing something new."
| 1 | 2 |

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM