Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:12AM (Unverified) said

While I wish every mmorpg much success, I just don't see this one working out. The games theme feels like what should only be a zone or two in other mmos.

I haven't been following this game at all so I could be way off base. But like I said before, wish you the best of luck Mummy :)

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:20AM Jack Pipsam said

When I first heard of this I thought of a great adventure game.

but alas now I know it's a down looking bigpoint game which may not last more than 2 years.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:20AM Rayko said

• 1 heart
Bigpoint, that's all you had to say: No thanks.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 3:17PM Tom in VA said

@Rayko

That's pretty much where I am, too, Rayko.

The idea of a mummy/monster hunter-themed MMO set in the 1920s era (or thereabouts) sounds pretty cool. But ... Bigpoint?

Posted: Oct 23rd 2011 11:41PM mysecretid said

@Rayko

I loved the first Brendan Fraser Mummy movie, and I love the classic Mummy movie from the 1930s ... but seeing Bigpoint's name attached to this MMO project doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either.

We shall see ...

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:26AM Saker said

• 1 heart
How many mummies can a person fight? Not sure how much longevity this can hope for.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 11:53AM uberman3000 said

• 1 heart
Why, why are they making this?

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 12:01PM uberman3000 said

• 1 heart
Ok I'm sorry to troll but... The only people who care about the Mummy are the people who made the movies and now the this doomed to fail MMO. If you are the huge Mummy fan I'm sorry I do not mean to offend you. Its like the new Marvel "AAA" MMO coming out that you can't make your own super hero. Why would any MMO player want to play that? They are flushing money down the toilet. I wish I could tell them, "You're not helping, just stop. Go lay down, take a nap and rethink. Lets stop making bad games. You make us all look bad."

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 6:23PM MewmewGirl said

Lookie at all the trolls... You guys haven't even played the game and you're all coming down on it. The truth is it plays extremely well and is better than nearly any other browser game out there. It definitely beats all the "Diablo" type play style browser games, and most of the client Diablo clones as well.

The game plays extremely smooth, is actually very pretty, and runs within minutes through your browser. The other browser based games should be very worried about this one as the quality and play is extremely high.

I don't care for the Mummy theme one way or the other, but after playing it I was extremely impressed. They have what could be a big hit on their hands actually - it depends on just how much content the game ends up having and if they promote it correctly but the great gameplay is all there waiting for them to do the rest of it right.

I thought the Mummy theme was sort of stupid at first too but after playing the game I just have to say I'm incredibly impressed by the job they've done so far. Sure it has a lot of beta bugs to work out (that's why it's in Closed Beta) but other than that it's pretty great.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 7:24PM Rayko said

@MewmewGirl

I don't have to play it to know it sucks.

1- it's Bigpoint.

2- it's a browser game. Even the greatest browser "mmos" are medicore at best.

3- it's Bigpoint.

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 3:58PM corpusc said

i don't have any issues with the points other people are talking about.

my issue is that they keep throwing around the word "action" in their marketing.

there is NOTHING action about this title. it looks well done for the type of non-action game that it is, but there is not one bit of player skill required. lock on targetting, and can't attack and move at the same time. don't you can even dodge attacks altho i couldn't be bothered to play long enough to know for sure.

yuck.